No announcement yet.

I definatley became a Katsidis fan tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sine View Post
    First, it was a great win by Kat. Shutting out Mitchell in his home town within 3 rounds was a great effort.

Kat is simply relentless with his pressure, and transitions from outside to inside quite well and it was his left hook that spelt the end for mitchell when it landed flush.

I agree with what was said before about Kat improving, I think he now keeps his hands up alot more than he did in the past and he really is the definition of a warrior.

He rocked mitchell bad at the start of the 3rd round, mitchell's leg's were all over the place and as a result the shots that mitchell was throwing back were weak as Kat just walked straight through them. It was too much of a step up for Mitchell and Kat disposed of him, thoroughly.

Next to the JMM - Diaz fight, I beleive that Marquez will run through Diaz again. I beleive Marquez has Diaz' measure and IMO I beleive Diaz won't change/ doesn't have the ability to change his style to really even threaten Marquez. Marquez will finish Diaz within 12 rounds. Watch Diaz press forward and then watch Marquez counter....

This leaves JMM - Kat. Now this is a real barnstormer: WHY?
    (I am going to assume that this is the best Marquez there is, ie discard ring rust and age)
    Marquez is a counter puncher >>> Kat is a lead volume puncher

Technically JMM is the better boxer ALTHOUGH (as we all witnessed against Mayweather) JMM has slow hands...>>>>>KAT has faster hands, relentless pressure, fast feet, ability to cut off the ring and transitions well from out to in.

Taking these strenths and weaknesses into account, I believe that Kat will win again by KO and he will win within 5 rounds. IF it goes any longer, man we are in for one hell of a fight because the Marquez will work out the speed,timing and angles that Kat uses and begin to counter box...

Lets hope this happens.

WAR KAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Everyone has slow hands compared to Mayweather. Also remember that Marquez fought Floyd way above his best weight. This fight would be at LW. We saw JMM hang with Pacquiao for 24 rounds near this weight.

Marquez is faster than Katsidis, and has infinitely better timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
      Aren't you just loving the excuses Mitchell's camp are coming up with. Boy got his ass handed to him.
      I loved the trainer telling Mitchell, "He's blowing like an old dog" between rounds a few minutes before "the old dog" destroyed the puppy.

As for the excuses.... I think perhaps Mitchell was crafting excuses for failure by training poorly. He had it in his mind he would lose. All the trash talking and self-aggrandizing was mere bluster to hide his insecurities. He'd read his own press, liked what he was reading, but didn't quite believe it.

Reminded me a lot of Kostya Tszyu after the Zab Judah fight, understated as ever, telling Zab, "If you can't walk the walk, don't talk the talk." Talk is the cheapest currency in this brutal and unforgiving sport.

Comment

I hope Katsidis can beat Marquez, but he has to het him out early and that's hard to do just ask Pac

Comment

Great win he is definately all Class.!!!

Teofilo

Comment

Fights on youtube for those who haven't seen it:

Take a look at 9:05. Mitchell has his back to Katsidis, clearly not wanting to fight anymore. He is literally done. Take a look at how the ref grabs Katsidis to stop him from finishing the job there and then.

Awesome body shot by Kats at 9.50 as well.

Comment

Yeah, Mick finished this one off really well, although he was helped a fair bit by Mitchell.

Watching the fight I thought Mick looked poor in the first two rounds. He came good though.

Comment

Working...
              X