Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoulder endurance without weight lifting ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulder endurance without weight lifting ?

even i punch from my hip and core and use my arms only to transfer the power , my deltoids and traps are burning as hell after landing hard punches for 3 rounds. Don't get it wrong , i'm not becoming out of breath , just burning in my shoulders. Feels like i can't lift them to my chin level. So my agility dropping off , countering is becoming almost impossible , my guard dropping easily , etc.

-Speed Bag ? and how can i use it for endurace ?
    -Heavy bag ?
    -Or something else ?

I don't believe in weights in boxing , even to the deadlift. I think best way to improve punching is punching. For speed or power but my burning thing is...well i don't have cure for it so this why i'm here , help me people

Hit the speed bag for rounds to build up endurance. You can also try shadowboxing with light dumbbells (2 to 3 pounds) which is technically weightlifting but not very heavy.
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 06-19-2015, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Is 5r.'s x 5m.'s for speed good or a bit brutal ? Btw , shadow boxing with dumbells is nice idea and it's not weight lifting to me (not like shoulder press , bench press or some other b.builder ****). Thank you for reply

Comment

Speed bag and also use the heavy bag like Floyd, just reoeat the same hooks and straights.

Comment

Your shoulders will get there. Speed bag in between heavy bag sessions helps keep the burn going. Don't let it cause you to drop your left when you're hitting the heavy bag. Work through it and know that if you're eating well, your shoulders will strengthen. It's part of the boxer's physique.

Comment

Guys , i know it's kinda weird but...the day before training masturbation is also impacting my performance. Let me tell you this with example :

Training day 1 : My performance : %70 (random numbers)
            Training day 2 : My performance : %80 (let's say the "day 1" increased it by %10)
            Training day 3 : My performance : %90 (same as above)
            Off day : MASTURBATE
            Training day 4 : My performance : %80 (It feels like decreasing my overall performance by like %10 everytime i masturbate)

I don't know what science says about it but my body hates (mostly muscles) masturbating. But i love masturbating as you all.

If it's really doing this and it's not a pyschological thing of me then i will stop fapping. Cause i started to hate this soreness of my shoulders realllyyy bad.

Thanks for the advice Salim and Red btw

Comment

If you are going to use dumbells to shadow with, be careful - don't snap out your punches, you will damage your tendons, cartilage, etc.

As far as masturbation goes, I don't know of this problem - maybe your wanking sessions are a little more furious than most peoples!?

Comment

speedbag!!!!

use your knuckles, the side of your fist, the back / side of your fist, etc. use one hand for a while. then switch it up. learn how to hit the bag with the uppercut and the hook! pretend it is a punch coming at you and react as such! get a smaller bag and shorter up your motions, or use a bigger one and get some work in moving that big bag around!

some people think the speed bag is just for show, but it's a great way to condition yourself and work on your timing. it's also where i learned how to throw the left hook, overhand right, and the uppercut with my lead hand.

different parts of the hand will makr different parts of your shoulder get tired. use them. this isn'ta boxing match. you're trying to get in shape.

i used to do a thing where i'd try and go from using my knuckles to the back side of my hand VERY slowly. you'll find that you shift your weight differently at the feet, and tire different parts of your shoulder out when you strike the bag with different parts of your hand.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys

Speedbag and heavybag are check. But what about shadowboxing with dumbells ? 3 lbs or 2lbs or heavier or lighter ? I've got 2 x 3 lbs but i can buy heavier or lighter if they are not right weights for my weight (i'm 132 lbs atm).

Comment

For the dumbbells always start off light. Even 1 pounders are good for beginners. Get acclimated first before adding weight. For shadowboxing I personally never go over 3 pounds. (although fighters from the past have been known to use 10 pound dumbbells and even higher I stay within my limits and play it safe.)

Comment

Working...
                    X