Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, where are these "tough guys" now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a friend on my FB took a picture of a bar dress code sign that stated no gang colours, tapout, affliction, ed hardy & a few other flavour of the month clothing designs. it was the first time I had ever seen that. they don't host PPV MMA fights anymore there either... must have been serious issues with those type of patrons...

Comment

Originally posted by 7_rocket View Post
      Good post my man. I also love both, but MMA is far more exciting to me than boxing.

I thought once May leaves the sport then Broner could take over, but I"m starting to doubt that.

When tyson left, DLH took over as the main draw. I wonder who is next? There is no hype other than PAC/May and Cotto.
      Aside from Canelo I dont know. :/...

Comment

You just don't see people wearing boxing robes anymore. I guess that must be down to the death of boxing. This used to be such a common sight around all the western world:

Comment

Never knew a shirt made some one tough. I guess a couple douche bags ruined it for everyone else.

Comment

I bought my first TapOut shirt from Mask himself at WEC 6 The Return of Frank Shamrock in Lemoor, Ca. It was black and said "Represent Motherfucker" on it. It was kind of cool at first but that was before TUF hit and everybody started wearing them.

Comment

"You don't know **** about MMA"

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                Just wondering, what happened to all the "tough guys" wearing Tapout shirts?

I remember around 2010 through late 2011 no matter where you'd go, you would always see a random fat dude, geek, or both wearing a Tapout shirt at the mall, at pubs, clubs, parties, and even at the gym. Some dudes would show up wearing Tapout outfits to the gym, which I found hilarious...

Guess MMA ain't as hot or taking over boxing as many idiots predicted.
                Yes because MMA's success is correlated with the #of TAPOUT shirts they sell. Its not like PPVs, sell out shows and becoming more main stream adds to any of that duhhhh.

MMA was skyrocketing when it was relatively new in Western countries and now it has stabled and steady. Now that same sky rocketing growth is happening in Asia as that is an un-"TAPPED OUT" market. No one is taking no one over. Punching someone in the face is the most natural thing and hence boxing wont die down and MMA is a more complete fight.

Although you can see both being put on same cards. WBC sanctions Muay Thai fights with titles. Similar may happen with MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                  a friend on my FB took a picture of a bar dress code sign that stated no gang colours, tapout, affliction, ed hardy & a few other flavour of the month clothing designs. it was the first time I had ever seen that. they don't host PPV MMA fights anymore there either... must have been serious issues with those type of patrons...
                  on a drive through regina a few years ago, it seemed like on every corner downtown there was a roided up guy with a tapout shirt on walking his pitbull.

Comment

even the douche bags realize the UFC is a joke

Comment

Working...
                    X