• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Kirk...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHSR7qc7o94

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      Spinks and Walcott are good calls. I always thought of these fighters as somewhat awkward.

Qawi
      M. Hunter Sr.
      Harold Johnson
      E. Augustus
      Jimmy Young
      Harold Johnson, interesting choice. How would you say he was awkward?

I suppose the term "awkward" could mean a list of things. I could see the idea of him being awkward as he negates fighters and usually forces fighters to fight his fight (with exceptions)

But for the most part he's obviously as textbook and as technically
      sound of a fighter you'll ever see.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Harold Johnson, interesting choice. How would you say he was awkward?

I suppose the term "awkward" could mean a list of things. I could see the idea of him being awkward as he negates fighters and usually forces fighters to fight his fight (with exceptions)

But for the most part he's obviously as textbook and as technically
        sound of a fighter you'll ever see.
        Johnson sometimes used the right to pick off his opponents jabs mid punch and he sometimes leaned over to the right and jabbed from that position which seemed awkward and set fighters up for counter punches. I guess he was not extremely awkward but his opponents might have thought so.

Comment

Johnson sometimes used the right to pick off his opponents jabs mid punch and he sometimes leaned over to the right and jabbed from that position which seemed awkward and set fighters up for counter punches. I guess he was not extremely awkward but his opponents might have thought so.
          thats called a parry, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by LuisConcepcion View Post
            thats called a parry, bro.
            I realize that, usually right handed fighters use the left hand for it.

Comment

Speaking of awkward, I always thought Daniel Zaragoza had an awkward style as well.

Comment

I realize that, usually right handed fighters use the left hand for it.
                not being an ******* but no they dont. using the left to parry your opponents jab opens you up for their right hand. if both fighters are orthodox.

Comment

Originally posted by LuisConcepcion View Post
                  not being an ******* but no they dont. using the left to parry your opponents jab opens you up for their right hand. if both fighters are orthodox.
                  That's fine I get contradicted all the time(I'm married lol).
                  I seen quite a few good boxers use the left, Holmes Leroy Jones for example. On a couple of the Johnson fights I have I noticed he used the right a foot or two away from his chin which took speed and coordination.
                  Last edited by TBear; 10-01-2015, 03:55 AM.

Comment

That's fine I get contradicted all the time(I'm married lol).
                    I seen quite a few good boxers use the left, Holmes Leroy Jones for example. On a couple of the Johnson fights I have I noticed he used the right a foot or two away from his chin which took speed and coordination.
                    ah okay fair enough then. i suppose some guys may get away with it if they are careful.

Comment

An akward fighter I'll throw out there is a Harold Johnson opponent, Marty Marshall. (footage available on YouTube)

Comment

Working...
                      X