No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gary Russell Jr.-Luis Franco Purse Bid Won By Shaw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shaw is full of crap

gamboa and rigondeaux both beat franco in the amateurs, russell will school this guy.

Comment

Russell will have no trouble in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by olly1990 View Post
        gamboa and rigondeaux both beat franco in the amateurs, russell will school this guy.
        yeah and as already stated franco beat gamboa twice.

Comment

I know its the AMs & it means very little now but is there a more credible source for Franco beating Gamboa than Gary Shaw?

Like any footage, witnesses, video...

Comment

wait i thought gary russell was fighting the always rough and ready TBA...what gives!?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Haven't you guys seen Franco? He was on shobox a couple of times, barely made it past by Leonilo Miranda. Slaps with punches, likes to brawl more than your avg Cuban pro.
              I thought Miranda won the fight too. Franco is a decent opponent for the level of competition Russell is at, he's going to give Russell good resistance, but I fully expect GR to win clearly. Franco's high guard and slapping hooks are disadvantages against Gary Russell's speed and style; kid is going to be in and out on him.

Gary Shaw winning the purse bid changes GBP's plans. Before this purse bid, they were already planning on putting it on one of there undercards for the Summer. It won't effect the outcome though...

Comment

I really like what I've seen of GRjr in the couple of fights I've seen.

Know nothing of Franco, but if he beat Gamboa twice (anybody know how long ago? I mean we're they like 10yo or what?) in the amateurs, gotta' take him seriously, huh?

Lookin' fwd to seein' the fight.

Comment

amaetuers don't matter but I've seen Franco 2x & he needs a lot of work on his basic boxing & delivery of punches...GR jr will win this w/out 2 much trble...

Comment

Working...
                  X