Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Eubank Moves Closer After 'Very Positive' Talks in London

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
    I'm not pretending to know what you think, I'm just saying you'll point out the obvious, Eubanks hasn't beat anyone.

I personally havnt seen anything from Eubanks that would make me think he can compete with GGG, other than whooping on guys who would look worse than Wade against GGG. I think if Suanders outboxed Eubanks, GGG does easily. But GGG will take advantage of the fact Eubanks thinks he can't be hurt. That's a mistake, because even if he's not KO'd, he'll broke down from getting hit.

I'm not stoked about the fight because people will rightly point out what I just did, Eubanks literally hasn't beat anyone.

If we are accepting eye test, then GGG resume shouldn't matter. But the fact Canelo, Andrade, and Jocobs all three want to wait a year or more to fight him does say something.
    Give Eubank a chance and check out some more of his fights. His main issue is that his head gets out of sorts at times. Chris isn't a 1-punch guy but there's an energy about him and guys like that are dangerous if the champ has an off-night. Even his 1 loss was close, and against a guy who hasn't lost to anyone yet. Like GGG, Eubank's talents exceed his resume. No, he's not great, he's not going to beat Golovkin, but he's not getting nearly enough credit around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
      I'll pull Ward's bítch card..

After watching most of their fights, Froch and Kessler were overrated, and Dawson was drained. That's his "awesome" resume. Fúckin deal with it.

Murray is simply the best fighter who had the balls to step in with Genna. The "elite" guys, like Martinez, Cotto, Canelo, Jacobs, whoeverthefúckever, didn't want to catch an asswhoopin. Can't blame 'em, but don't act like Golovkin hasn't been chasing motherfúckers for half a decade.

He's fought plenty of good fighters, and destroyed each one with ease.

You mulignans need to grow the fúck up and show some respect to a fighter that's earned it.

The ******ia continues.....

So Froch/Kessler/Dawson were shht, but Murray and Lemieux are not ?

Murray just got beaten up by a Froch leftover who everybody thought was shot.... and Lemieux will lose to anyone who can box..... Saunders, Jacobs, Canelo, probably even Andy Lee all beat Lemieux.

You say that we should "grow the fúck up and show some respect to a fighter that's earned it."..... and yet, look how you spoke about Ward, who has climbed way bigger mountains than lil'G has.

Why don't you lead by example ?

K2 are notoriously difficult to deal with, they are cheap-as-fk and they want everything to be "my way, or the highway"..... ask any Klitschko opponent......

..... Jacobs/Saunders are BOTH on record saying that they just want to get paid, so how the hell were Team Bull**** able to find MORE money to pay Eubank than they could find to pay the champions Saunders/Jacobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Give Eubank a chance and check out some more of his fights. His main issue is that his head gets out of sorts at times. Chris isn't a 1-punch guy but there's an energy about him and guys like that are dangerous if the champ has an off-night. Even his 1 loss was close, and against a guy who hasn't lost to anyone yet. Like GGG, Eubank's talents exceed his resume. No, he's not great, he's not going to beat Golovkin, but he's not getting nearly enough credit around here.

you make a good point again......

I'm not ****ting on this fight either.

it's an " ok " fight, Eubank is better than a lot of previous GGG victims

It could be a step in the right direction, but then again I thought that about Canelo before he selected Khan LMAO, and Golovkin still appears to be doing absolutely nothing to get decent opponents.

Jacobs/Saunders are BOTH on record saying that they just want to get paid, and Canelo wanted the fight closer to 155..... so how come Team Golovkin were able to find MORE money to offer Eubank than they were able to offer the champions Saunders/Jacobs, and why didn't Golovkin negotiate on the weight with Canelo after talking all that smack about 154?

He is still fighting who he wants to fight, and avoiding the more difficult guys..... and the reason why is because he gets paid about the same regardless...... which is the exact same risk/reward decision that every other fighter makes.

His fans accept it, but bash other fighters for doing the exact same thing.

They want those fighters to " fall in line " for Golovkin.

Comment

See how easy it is to negotiate when a fighter isnt a pu$$y?

Comment

Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post
            What happens if he can't hurt Eubank?
            If he can't hurt Eubank then he'll probably just outbox him to a lopsided UD. I don't think you'll find many who claim that Jr is the more technically proficient of the pair.

EDIT: Though I don't mind this fight - Jr seems like a tough kid and despite not being particularly proven I'd give him a very good shot at beating anyone else in the MW division.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-28-2016, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              you make a good point again......

I'm not ****ting on this fight either.

it's an " ok " fight, Eubank is better than a lot of previous GGG victims

It could be a step in the right direction, but then again I thought that about Canelo before he selected Khan LMAO, and Golovkin still appears to be doing absolutely nothing to get decent opponents.

Jacobs/Saunders are BOTH on record saying that they just want to get paid, and Canelo wanted the fight closer to 155..... so how come Team Golovkin were able to find MORE money to offer Eubank than they were able to offer the champions Saunders/Jacobs, and why didn't Golovkin negotiate on the weight with Canelo after talking all that smack about 154?

He is still fighting who he wants to fight, and avoiding the more difficult guys..... and the reason why is because he gets paid about the same regardless...... which is the exact same risk/reward decision that every other fighter makes.

His fans accept it, but bash other fighters for doing the exact same thing.

They want those fighters to " fall in line " for Golovkin.
              Yea, it's awkward for person like me, who kinda likes Golovkin and says, "I'm glad to see him moving in a better direction" (which would be a positive statement to normal humans) and I gets these guys attacking me with fundamentally illogical shyt like "GGG has a better record than Ward". And, their buddies play along as if 2 stupids = a smart. WTF am I supposed to say? I end up having to constantly point out his record, his faux call-outs, etc because they won't quit arguing. I don't particularly feel like bringing up that shyt, especially not 5x in one thread, but these guys just don't stop.

There are 2 GGGs. There is the fighter, who is an allright guy, highly entertaining in the ring, and generally innocuous. Then you have the idol GGG the fanboys see, who is in fact the holy trinity of the Sanchez, the GGG, and the K2. They are one-in-the-same and if you say anything about any of these 3 you are the enemy.
              K2 is strictly a business and they are NOT building a legacy for GGG. They invest in him and they are looking for max profit over the length of a career. Sanchez is an insufferable scab who was fortunate to have a talented Kazak wunderkind fall in his lap. GGG is paying people big money to handle his career and like you say, they should be decent enough managers to make things happen, esp w/ Sanchez going around starting fires.

In fairness, a few of his hardcores are starting to see where I'm coming from and there's at least a thin thread of respect forming w/ them.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                Hope it gets made. If I understand the situation correctly, Golovkin agreed to a certain amount, and Eubank stands to make GBP 3m at the current structure. They're negotiating with Sky to increase the PPV share.

Under those terms, I wonder what Golovkin's purse would be. As the defending champion, I assume it should be the majority of the guaranteed purse - more than GBP 3m. I'd guess 5m GGG - 3m Eubank guaranteed?
                ... they shouldn't make this kind of money without a sold out stadium; not at O2 anyway... and I don't think a PPV in the UK can be that successful...

Comment

WOW!

3 million £!!!

Which star can create that kind of Money for the opponent other than Golovkin??

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Yea, it's awkward for person like me, who kinda likes Golovkin and says, "I'm glad to see him moving in a better direction" (which would be a positive statement to normal humans) and I gets these guys attacking me with fundamentally illogical shyt like "GGG has a better record than Ward". And, their buddies play along as if 2 stupids = a smart. WTF am I supposed to say? I end up having to constantly point out his record, his faux call-outs, etc because they won't quit arguing. I don't particularly feel like bringing up that shyt, especially not 5x in one thread, but these guys just don't stop.

There are 2 GGGs. There is the fighter, who is an allright guy, highly entertaining in the ring, and generally innocuous. Then you have the idol GGG the fanboys see, who is in fact the holy trinity of the Sanchez, the GGG, and the K2. They are one-in-the-same and if you say anything about any of these 3 you are the enemy.
                    K2 is strictly a business and they are NOT building a legacy for GGG. They invest in him and they are looking for max profit over the length of a career. Sanchez is an insufferable scab who was fortunate to have a talented Kazak wunderkind fall in his lap. GGG is paying people big money to handle his career and like you say, they should be decent enough managers to make things happen, esp w/ Sanchez going around starting fires.

In fairness, a few of his hardcores are starting to see where I'm coming from and there's at least a thin thread of respect forming w/ them.
                    I couldn't have said that better. I have only been on here a couple of months and have been called every name in the book just for pointing out the same things. AND I LIKE TRIP.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                      People tend to over rate the fighter they like resume when trying to win a debate. Ward has a good resume but you have some fools on here acting like he has an ATG, Ray Leonard type resume.

I find it funny how Kessler was dismissed after losing to Calzaghe but became a great fighter after losing to Ward.
                      If you compare Golovkin's resume to Ward's there really isn't much in it. Ward has just one name - Froch - who is undoubtedly better than anybody GGG has beaten, and that was 5 years ago.

And remember, Golovkin was ready to fight Froch in the UK, which is something Ward refused to do.

A lot of fanboy types here are getting carried away with the hype Ward gets from US pundits, desperately trying to hang on to the golden years when American fighters ruled the world.

I view Ward, not Golovkin, as boxing's biggest hype job.

Comment

Working...
                      X