No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Gonzalez Explain Why Beterbiev Bout Was Rejected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Sorry buddy but Gonzalez is still a nobody and you control nothing besides a whole bunch of ways to ruin what good faith those few boxing fans who give a **** about Gonzalez might have.
    So I take it you read the offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
      What happened to the Kovalev/Beterbiev mega fight in Russia?
      Hymon didn't allow it...

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        Why won't Beterbiev fight Sullivan Barrera?
        It seems that Barrera can't get a visa to enter Canada...

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          I didn't say anything about him being scared. I asked why won't he fight Barrera. Fight doesn't have to be in Canada, they can fight in the states.
          The fight is in Canada, because it's on the DeGale-Bute card.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Becaise they were scared.... End of story,,,, Gonzalez had a shot at big fights and passed them up.... Weak stuff
            Usually the Cubans are not afraid to fight Russians (well this one is Chechen, but he's from the "Russian school")... It seems that Beterbiev is some sort of a beast who scares even the Cubans...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              If boxing was a real sport kovolev and stevenson would be fighting and barrera and Gonzalez would be duking it out for #1 contender, with beterbiev being the next in line after them...
              But boxing really isn't a sport, so none of that matters
              Of course...
              But as long as Haymon's franchise tries to destroy all networks competition (HBO included) we shall not be able to watch such fights.

But I guess that Haymon and HBO would be able to jointly promote a Sho-HBO PPV fight between Stevenson and Kovalev...

Comment

i'd like to know how much was being offered before i condemn him. beterbiev's team have a history of promising big fights and then not making them

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                  So I take it you read the offer?
                  I have no idea what the offer was and I'm not saying Gonzalez's people were wrong to turn it down. Doesn't change that the idea of the Pascal fight giving them any leverage at all to call shots is a wrong idea. No one gives a **** about this guy besides a few hardcore boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I have no idea what the offer was and I'm not saying Gonzalez's people were wrong to turn it down. Doesn't change that the idea of the Pascal fight giving them any leverage at all to call shots is a wrong idea. No one gives a **** about this guy besides a few hardcore boxing fans.
                    only marginally more people give a **** about beterbiev to be fair. he's not exactly lucien bute or jean pascal in canada. he's a contender just like gonzalez so the split shouldn't be too imbalanced

Comment

Why not gonzalez vs barrera easy fight to make happen 2 desperate promoters looking for some sort of light to be shined on there guys....barrera vs gonzalez

Comment

Working...
                      X