No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Measured Against All Time: Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
    Both are on the list. I have a Barrera one started, as well as one for Vitali and one for Darchinyan. Vic is probably closest to done. I wanted to do it a little closer to the Froch one but it will probably be next. Similar careers in a lot of ways.

Thanks for reading.
    I really respect the hell out of Darchinyan. Overlooked fighter.

Comment

Great fighter will be remebered as such and will be missed, he comes from a school of dying breed where they face anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I really respect the hell out of Darchinyan. Overlooked fighter.
        He wasn't the best of his time, but might have been the most important from 12-18. Look how many guys were made off Vic. How many fights don't happen without him to shine a light? Do we get the Bantam tourney at Showtime without his star power?

Comment

Good article.

In terms of opponents not faced I feel that Adonis Stevenson could have been mentioned.

IIRC he was Froch's mandatory for a while. Obviously its understandable why they didnt fight because AS was a relative nobody at the time, but considering he went on to win the LHW title it should probably count as a small miss.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
            That's a little unfair.
            Do u give ward respect

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              Based on TV ratings, far more people saw Groves II (just in the afternoon showing, not including night replay) than Ward in the US in evening hours so not sure what that assumption is based on.
              So u saying froch is better than ward

Comment

Originally posted by KTFO View Post
                If you can appreciate a throwback fighter then you'd appreciate Carl Froch. He gets my nod for top 5 super middle and HOF. The guy could fight in any era, and boxing could use a fighter like him in every weight class.
                But ward the guy who beat him easily ain't good

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                  As an American, I disagree with this. Ward is probably about 5th or 6th on my list of memorable Froch fights.

1. Taylor
                  2. Bute
                  3. Kessler 1
                  4.Groves 2
                  5. Kessler 2
                  6. Groves 1
                  7. Pascal
                  8. Dirrell
                  9. Abraham
                  10. Ward

Nevermind, I was wrong. The Ward fight barely cracks the top 10.
                  U mad ward won hahaha

Comment

Froch is hands down a hall of famer. One of the greatest European fighters of recent time. On top of his resume the man had heart and wasn't afraid of a scrap. He was a great fighter and a great entertainer.

Comment

Originally posted by german12johnson View Post
                      Do u give ward respect
                      Of course I do. Froch still has a first ballot HOF career outside that defeat imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X