No announcement yet.

Greater Welsh Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
    And from where do you plan to exponentially grow your knowledge of Wilde's competition?
    I generally like to look up old magazine rankings and publications, but none are available that far back(that Ive found at least).

thats why I asked. I think its a bit silly to be rating someone so highly when you dont know how much high level competition he beat.

Comment

Wilde is a legend in wales and planted the seed for all young kids to aspire to be boxers from that area. He is a legend over there from what I hear, theres a giant statue of him.

Calzaghe is the best though

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Blue Yonda View Post
        I don't know how it's an argument, honestly.
        There isn't one.

It's obviously Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
          Wilde is a legend in wales and planted the seed for all young kids to aspire to be boxers from that area. He is a legend over there from what I hear, theres a giant statue of him.

Calzaghe is the best though
          Surely it can't be that big?

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
            Surely it can't be that big?
            lmfao.....

Comment

Calzaghe is a modern great. But Wilde is an all time legend.

I read an article on Wilde by Bert Sugar in which he said he was one of the hardest hitters the lower weights had ever seen. He also had tremendous athleticism and a chin you'd need a nuke to crack.

IIRC, Sugar ranked Wilde in his top twenty of all time - putting him ahead of Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Walcott, John L. Sullivan and Archie Moore.

That's good enough for me.

Comment

Working...
              X