Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Browne Gets Off The Floor, Knocks Chagaev Out For WBA Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chagaev and Browne BOTH would lay out Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      He's not even the Champion of the WBA, nevermind the world. The regular belt holds as much weight as an IBO title, so none basically

Wilder and Martin have easy title belts for legit contenders though, so I do agree
      Oh right, so who holds the full WBA at the moment?

I don't keep up with these things.

Comment

Originally posted by maverock View Post
        Chagaev and Browne BOTH would lay out Wilder.
        wish that was true lol

they're not fast enough

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Oh right, so who holds the full WBA at the moment?

I don't keep up with these things.
          Fury is the WBA/WBO/Lineal Champ
          Wilder WBC, Martin IBF

Comment

Originally posted by Ulver View Post
            Chaggy is still tougher than anybody Wilder or Martin has fought, agree.

Congrats Big Daddy
            His reputation coming into this bout was one of a club fighter masquerading as true world level fighter. He shed that tonight with a skilled display of boxing from the outside. He's improved at least a full level over the guy I saw beating the various club fighters and faded fighters like James Toney.

I hope he gets a voluntary defense in because his fight against Ortiz should wreck him. He stands too upright to take the Cuban's power.
            Last edited by low blows; 03-05-2016, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ulver View Post
              Give the man his props. Everyone was saying he had no chance. Turns out he thought he did. And he did the work to make it happen.
              Its a pretty decent win, might squeeze him in the top 5. But I won't call him HW Champion of the world, nor will I call Wilder or Martin the same. They are just paper titles, with Browne's belt not even recognised as a world title

Comment

Originally posted by low blows View Post
                His reputation coming into this bout was one of a club fighter masquerading as true world level fighter. He shed that tonight with a skilled display of boxing from the outside. He's improved at least a full level over the guy I saw beating the various club fighters and faded fighters like James Toney.

I hope he gets a voluntary defense in because his fight against Ortiz should wreck him. He stands to upright to take the Cuban's power.
                He needs to avoid Ortiz (and Parker for that matter) like the plague - no real money and probably cops a beating

Hopefully gets past Oquendo and then rolls the dice for big money against somebody with marketability

He's a decent guy and deserves to make a few bucks

Comment

Chagaev looked so fat in there, it was embarrassing. Yet despite his shape, he almost won the fight. He probably would have won if he was better conditioned.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    Fury is the WBA/WBO/Lineal Champ
                    Wilder WBC, Martin IBF
                    Ahh ok.

I thought they'd stripped Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                      Chagaev looked so fat in there, it was embarrassing. Yet despite his shape, he almost won the fight. He probably would have won if he was better conditioned.
                      Yes Chageav looked like the before in a weight loss ad in a bodybuilding magazine.

Comment

Working...
                      X