No announcement yet.

Heavy bag???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy bag???

This probably has been asked, but what type of heavy bag do you all recommend for someone that wants to be serious? Is 100lbs to much???

Originally posted by D-Omonist View Post
    This probably has been asked, but what type of heavy bag do you all recommend for someone that wants to be serious? Is 100lbs to much???
    Hell No i had a 70lbs and it moved way too much. Even though I was snapping my punches. Now i got a 100lb bag and I luv it.

Comment

Depends on your weight and how you punch, my first bag was a 100 pound bag and it was way to light for me, i sent it flying and the chain broke all the time.

When i first started going to the gym years ago they had mostly 150 pounds bags and that was better, so i decied to buy one for home, i was like 15 years old. It was ok for a year or two but as i grew and got stronger the 150 pounds bags started flying again, and i broke the chains a few times at the gym. Back then i was the only real big guy at the gym so decided to replace 2 of the old 150 pounds bags for some 200 pounds bag, they had them since then. And they were fine for me.

I dropped boxing and did mma for about 2 years, i went back to the gym last year and now they go 2 huge head hunter bags, i don't know how much they weight, i'd say 250 or so, and these are great.

At home i got myself a custom made heavybag which is about 250 pounds also, it's great, it moves around but not as much, so the chain hasn't broken yet and it has been about a year.

So it really depends on the person, if you are a pretty small guy you should be fine with 100-150, but otherwise get something bigger. If you "lift" the bag with every punch it's too light.

Also i personally like the feeling of punching into something heavy, really feels like it works my power too and not only my technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
        Depends on your weight and how you punch, my first bag was a 100 pound bag and it was way to light for me, i sent it flying and the chain broke all the time.

When i first started going to the gym years ago they had mostly 150 pounds bags and that was better, so i decied to buy one for home, i was like 15 years old. It was ok for a year or two but as i grew and got stronger the 150 pounds bags started flying again, and i broke the chains a few times at the gym. Back then i was the only real big guy at the gym so decided to replace 2 of the old 150 pounds bags for some 200 pounds bag, they had them since then. And they were fine for me.

I dropped boxing and did mma for about 2 years, i went back to the gym last year and now they go 2 huge head hunter bags, i don't know how much they weight, i'd say 250 or so, and these are great.

At home i got myself a custom made heavybag which is about 250 pounds also, it's great, it moves around but not as much, so the chain hasn't broken yet and it has been about a year.

So it really depends on the person, if you are a pretty small guy you should be fine with 100-150, but otherwise get something bigger. If you "lift" the bag with every punch it's too light.

Also i personally like the feeling of punching into something heavy, really feels like it works my power too and not only my technique.
        Well my weight is 185 and I'm 5'9". I'm trying to get down to 154. I have looked everywhere here (in Puerto Rico) and can't find anything heavier than 100lbs. I guess I will have to look somewhere closer to the capital.

Comment

Working...
        X