Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we say that Golovkin is this era's Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson fought BIGGER opponents not SMALLER

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
      Tyson had speed. that's true. which attributed to his elusiveness.

However, Tyson lacked Stamina which GGG has.

so that's a wash of physical attributes.

In terms of skills, Tyson can be pushed back and he can't fight moving backwards. GGG can.

GGG also has different looks in his offensive arsenal. He can shoot a jab and boxer/puncher style. Or he can shoot a jab and just counter-punch for half a fight like vs DL. Or he can swarm |Marcos Maidana style(Brook).

Tyson is exclusively swarmer.
      Yea Tyson himself said he had always suffered from breathing issues..and i also can agree Tyson can not fight going backwards..but we have yet really to see GGG fight off of the backfoot against top guys to be honest...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Let me guess, because he's white?

Get a life man.
        All you see is he's from Kazakhstan. You don't like people from that part of the world. You're blinded by your bigotry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          We know why you jockride that old coward.
          "old coward"

Why are you bringing Floyd Mayweather into this discussion?

Comment

No, we can't. Poor comparison.

Comment

I respect Tyson inside the ring a lot but please Tyson does not compare to ggg. Other than the seek n destroy knock out ur opp mentality Tyson is inferior to ggg in every way...Tyson isn't as focus, he isn't as technical, doesn't box as good, less conditioned, no heart....

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                All you see is he's from Kazakhstan. You don't like people from that part of the world. You're blinded by your bigotry.
                Hahaha. Freedom I really feel sorry for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
                  (yeah yeah, both feasted on bums etc whatever)

A seek and destroy fighter with huge punching power and backed up with tremendous, unique offensive skills?

I know the styles are different but the mission is the same. Even when he's more reserved and respectful of punching power (Stevens, Lemieux), he eventually breaks them downs and gets them out before the full 12 rounds.

So many people I have spoken to since the fight who were Brook fans have told me that they can't remember a fight where they felt such a palpable sense of danger from the other fighter.
                  No Tyson is in a league of his own

Comment

Why talk garbage? I've never said nor implied anything you've said in your childish response.

#1, I never said he doesn't have skills. I said he doesn't have "tremendous skills"

He has a skill set yes, he's not a guy with very limited skills but he's also not a guy with an overly great amount of skills.

His power and chin mixed with generally poor oppositon are huge factors to his success thus far.
                    I agree with tony Danza.
                    GGG is going to lose soon but it doesn't make him a bum. He has good skills and great power. But a boxer that doesn't run will give him problems

Comment

I think if we are talking sheer skill then he isn't even as skilled as a prime Orlando Salido.
                      I've heard it all now

Comment

Working...
                      X