Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is wlad really greater then jack johnson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
    Are we not talking prime for prime ? Wlad clearly didn not peak until he had been under Stweard tutelage, likely around 2009, 2010 Chagaev Ibragimov version of Wlad.
    this is a greatness debate. it has nothing to do with pfp or on this night wlad would destroy so and so. (I'm not picking and choosing with ether guy) I'm looking at the overall profiles and careers of both men.

"well on that night wlad could take on the world but on this night he was drugged"

this is the problem with new fans. base too much on an imaginary head to head which is useless when measuring greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
      this is a greatness debate. it has nothing to do with pfp or on this night wlad would destroy so and so. (I'm not picking and choosing with ether guy) I'm looking at the overall profiles and careers of both men.

"well on that night wlad could take on the world but on this night he was drugged"

this is the problem with new fans. base too much on an imaginary head to head which is useless when measuring greatness.
      I am glad this is a greatness debate as I'm pretty sure head to head Chagaev would beat Johnson too. But obviously Johnson is considered greater, why I'm not sure personall.

Wlad is certainly greater than both, for his achievements. If Wlad fought every month sometimes twice a month against hod carriers like Johnson he would be ranked somewhere in the stratosphere.

Comment

In terms of boxing alone, Wlad and Johnson are equally great, because each dominated his own era and, at the peak of their powers, they appeared to be invincible in the ring.

But Wlad's legacy is confined to boxing, whereas Jack Johnson left his mark on history as a whole, because of his race and because of the kind of person he was.

So, historically, Johnson is greater than Wlad, because his legacy transcended the sport.

Comment

Jack Johnson was one of the bravest, toughest, baddest men on earth. Could he beat Wlad? I do not know. Size might make the difference. If it had to do with toughness, heart, and strength of will. Johnson would kill him. A Blackman dating white women in Galveston, Texas durning the 1900's. That took guts. To not be intimidated and survive, that took toughness. To flourish in the ring, that took greatness. I would go with the size of the fight in the dog. Johnson would of kicked his ass.

Comment

Working...
          X