Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why ricky hatton is a better fighter than people think...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theghost#1 View Post
    Hatton would have never quit the way Cotto did and sure as hell would never take a knee. Hatton for sure is smarter and would have dug to the body more against tony. Hatton throws a lot more punches then Cotto does and clinches when he has too. Hatton doesn't tire down the strech either.
    Hatton wouldn't quit like Cotto as both their corners threw in the towell.If Hatton throws more punches it isn't by a large margine.Hatton sure did look tired in the Lazcano fight towards the end and he also did in the Mayweather fight.Cotto has the better skills between the both of them so let Hatton be the "smarter" fighter.

Comment

Cotto would kill Hatton.

KILL

not even close. Hatton couldn't keep up with Cotto's brutal hand speed and body shots. If this fight happened Cotto would be so aggressive proving himself that he would kill Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        Cotto would kill Hatton.

KILL

not even close. Hatton couldn't keep up with Cotto's brutal hand speed and body shots. If this fight happened Cotto would be so aggressive proving himself that he would kill Hatton.
        Hatton's quick too tho and he hits hard. At 140 it would be a decent match-up. I haven't seen anyone kill Hatton and he's been in there with Castillo and Kosta Tszyu

Comment

Originally posted by ALT-Assassin View Post
          Hatton wouldn't quit like Cotto as both their corners threw in the towell.If Hatton throws more punches it isn't by a large margine.Hatton sure did look tired in the Lazcano fight towards the end and he also did in the Mayweather fight.Cotto has the better skills between the both of them so let Hatton be the "smarter" fighter.
          Sure, I think Cotto has better skills and better overall better boxing ability . But Hatton is mentaly tougher And would have never taken a knee. He would have gone to the body more and clinched properly. All fighters tire thats a part of the game. Styles make fights. Hatton lost to the best fighter since SRL while Cotto lost to Marg.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            Hatton's quick too tho and he hits hard. At 140 it would be a decent match-up. I haven't seen anyone kill Hatton and he's been in there with Castillo and Kosta Tszyu
            Hatton's quick but he's nowhere near the same speed level as Cotto. 4 punch combinations, Hard combinatons..harder than anything Ricky throws.

Hattons chin is VERY suspect also, If mayweather can knock him out Cotto should be able to annihilate him. Getting Koed in the 11th round by Margerito isn't really a sign of having a suspect chin.

If it was Hatton last night the fight would have ended 5 rounds earlier due to Margarito giving him no respect.

Sure, I think Cotto has better skills and better overall better boxing ability . But Hatton is mentaly tougher And would have never taken a knee. He would have gone to the body more and clinched properly. All fighters tire thats a part of the game. Styles make fights. Hatton lost to the best fighter since SRL while Cotto lost to Marg.
            Cotto lost to Marg, the fighter that Mayweather ducked.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              At 140 I'd give Hatton a chance against Cotto because Cotto kills himself to make weight. 147 is more Cotto's alley and he'd mug a fat Ricky passing by.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost#1 View Post
                Styles make fights and Marg had the style to beat him,Hatton on the other hand couldn't take half the punches that Marg took.

Comment

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
                  IF hatton senses that he cannot knockout a boxer, he will not try to knock him out, he will go for the points victory. This is evidence in for example, collozo, tackie, urango fights etc... he sensed he couldn't knock them out, so try to go to the points victory. Lazcano was a different story, lazcano looked like he was ready to go since round 1, so hatton tryed his hardest to knock him out, but lazcano hadn't been floored in his career. (hatton said he could of got a points victory easily).

Now look at miguel cotto, he tryed to knock antonio out since round one, but his punches were bouncing off him.. what does he do? does he play tactically? defensivly? no.. he trys to knock him out!

Naseem hamed, hyped up bout his power... against barerra, does he try to play tactically? no... he just goes for the knock out.

these are the things you need to look in for a boxer, ricky will prob be able to knock out paulie by his work-rate, body shots I believe as paulie only has a proven chin, not a proven body.
                  join a WWE forum,this is a boxing thread.Besides Ricky Hatton is a bum

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Rizal View Post
                    At 140 I'd give Hatton a chance against Cotto because Cotto kills himself to make weight. 147 is more Cotto's alley and he'd mug a fat Ricky passing by.
                    thats how I see it too. Ricky would be stupid to fight him at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Oriachim View Post
                      IF hatton senses that he cannot knockout a boxer, he will not try to knock him out, he will go for the points victory. This is evidence in for example, collozo, tackie, urango fights etc... he sensed he couldn't knock them out, so try to go to the points victory. .
                      Soooo, in the 8th, 9th and 10th rounds, Ricky was trying to outpoint Floyd??

He had heard that the Vegas judges give extra points for wild, lunging hooks?

Comment

Working...
                      X