No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs Austin Trout. Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    If it's better than the Foreman win, it isn't by much.
    Not by too much.

Still better though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Trout's win over Rodriguez is better than any win Cotto has at 154.
      Hell no, Rodriguez is a career welterweight who only had two fights at 154 before facing Trout, Cotto beat Foreman who was a champion and a legit top 10 jr MW. Now I expect you to use the triangle theory with Wolak.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Hell no, Rodriguez is a career welterweight who only had two fights at 154 before facing Trout, Cotto beat Foreman who was a champion and a legit top 10 jr MW. Now I expect you to use the triangle theory with Wolak.
        Why would you expect that?

Rodriguez was also a legit top 10 Jr MW. Wolak was in the Top 5 when he beat the **** out of him, and he won the first fight too IMO.

Comment

Cotto by Dec

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Why would you expect that?

Rodriguez was also a legit top 10 Jr MW. Wolak was in the Top 5 when he beat the **** out of him, and he won the first fight too IMO.
            But Foreman had a win over Santos which is better than a win over Wolak.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              But Foreman had a win over Santos which is better than a win over Wolak.
              So you weren't expecting a triangle theory?

And I guess Daniel Santos and Wolak are there or there about the same level. Including the version Foreman fought.

Rodriguez is still a better fighter than Foreman though IMO despite Foreman's Title.

Comment

Lol at those saying beating Delvin Rodriguez is a better win than against Yuri Foreman. Foreman was undefeated, ranked #7 at 154 and was coming of a win against Daniel Santos. That is a superior win no matter how you look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                  Lol at those saying beating Delvin Rodriguez is a better win than against Yuri Foreman. Foreman was undefeated, ranked #7 at 154 and was coming of a win against Daniel Santos. That is a superior win no matter how you look at it.
                  Delvin Rodriguez was in the Top 10 also, coming off a very impressive win over Wolak who was also a Top 10 JMW, coming off a very impressive stoppage of Yuri Foreman who was still a Top 10 JMW at that time.

What makes Yuri Foreman so much better than Delvin Rodriquez? I'd like to now.

Rodriguez is by no means worlds better than Yuri Foreman but they are at the very least the same level of fighter.
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 09-06-2012, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                    I agree, but after Cotto beats Trout, he'll starting adding good scalps at 154.

Comment

Jesus H. Christ, HOW in the HELL is this poll so one sided?! Trout is a VERY skilled boxer, with a difficult southpaw style and very good footwork. I was expecting to see Cotto leading on the poll due to his fight with Mayweather and how much more popular he is than Trout, but my god NSB, I expected more from you.

IMO, Trout is a HORRIBLE style match up for Cotto, even WORSE then Mayweather. Given his southpaw style, how rangy he is, and his boxing skills. Given what I've seen most of the posters say about Trout on here, I thought they knew how good Trout was, I didn't expect this kind of poll, whatsoever.

I think Cotto could win, but I favor Trout to win a competitive UD. I think that Mayweather fight is weighing to hard on peoples minds, combined with the fact not enough people know about Trout.

Comment

Working...
                      X