Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angelo Dundee: "If Tommy Hearns had SRL's balance then he'd be the greatest..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angelo Dundee: "If Tommy Hearns had SRL's balance then he'd be the greatest..."

Agree?

still 2nd to pacquiao

...........actually hearns and SRL together sounds alot like pacquiao

Comment

Old ish but completely true. His chin was horrible to be honest and if he at least had some kind of ability recovery he would have been an ATG honestly. The guy blasted out top welter weights up to LHW. He would have easily survived the 14/15th rnd in the his first fight with SRL and won. Hearns was literally wobbly for 2 rounds straight up until the stoppage. He still would have lost against Hagler due to the broken right hand he got during the first round( I think if hearns had stronger legs and his stamina held up in that fight he would have won a UD and ofc the right hand). He would KTFO Barkley that he was almost about to do and his second fight with SRL that he got robbed in would have been even clearer cuz he wouldn't been rocked as he was. LOL at the *******

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
        Old ish but completely true. His chin was horrible to be honest and if he at least had some kind of ability recovery he would have been an ATG honestly. The guy blasted out top welter weights up to LHW. He would have easily survived the 14/15th rnd in the his first fight with SRL and won. Hearns was literally wobbly for 2 rounds straight up until the stoppage. He still would have lost against Hagler due to the broken right hand he got during the first round( I think if hearns had stronger legs and his stamina held up in that fight he would have won a UD and ofc the right hand). He would KTFO Barkley that he was almost about to do and his second fight with SRL that he got robbed in would have been even clearer cuz he wouldn't been rocked as he was. LOL at the *******

I think he takes to much flak for his chin. Being stopped by a huge middleweight in Barkley and all time top 25 greats in Leonard and Hagler does not mean he had a horrible chin. It certainly wasn't the best, but it held up to many other very good fighters. I'd give it a 6 out of 10 rating.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I think he takes to much flak for his chin. Being stopped by a huge middleweight in Barkley and all time top 25 greats in Leonard and Hagler does not mean he had a horrible chin. It certainly wasn't the best, but it held up to many other very good fighters. I'd give it a 6 out of 10 rating.
          Yeah but he almost stopped Barkley in that round. barkley was hurting from those body punches and had a huge gash on his forehead. That punch was a hail Mary but hadn't it been for Hearns chin the fight would have been different. I actually think Hearns was the better of the 2 H2H. The first fight Hearns had a huge point lead of 5 rounds before getting rocked/stopped in the last 3 rounds. Had the fight been a 12 rounder Hearns would have won easily. In The second fight that draw was a complete robbery. Hagler still would have won I think even if Hearns ddn't break his hand. I would say Hearns wins 4 out of 10 fights with Hagler with a good hand a slightly better chin

Comment

Ey guys! is it just me or is it something with Stewards and chinny fighters? When he started working with JCC he started to get dropped more often. Cotto has always had a suspect chin but still he works with Steward. Wladimir Klitchkos chin is made of paper. Lennox Lewis had a borderline suspect chin. Michael Moorer had a horrible chin. Is it that Stewards doesn't believe in strengthening the neck to improve a fighter chin. Cuz a strong neck is hugely important for a good chin

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
              Yeah but he almost stopped Barkley in that round. barkley was hurting from those body punches and had a huge gash on his forehead. That punch was a hail Mary but hadn't it been for Hearns chin the fight would have been different. I actually think Hearns was the better of the 2 H2H. The first fight Hearns had a huge point lead of 5 rounds before getting rocked/stopped in the last 3 rounds. Had the fight been a 12 rounder Hearns would have won easily. In The second fight that draw was a complete robbery. Hagler still would have won I think even if Hearns ddn't break his hand. I would say Hearns wins 4 out of 10 fights with Hagler with a good hand a slightly better chin

Hearns was killing Barkley before getting caught. Those body punches were some of the most vicious I've ever seen a fighter take. And Tommy was certainly the better fighter, but even great fighters get caught. I just don't think we can call his chin horrible for that loss. Iran was a BIG, hard hitting middleweight. Fighters with better chins than Tommy's would have been felled by that punch in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
              X