Favorite Type of Steak?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    Filet mignon & lobster
    Filet mignon is so underrated because it's not a fatty cut so people assume it lacks in flavour. I'd say it is probably the best tasting steak.
    Originally posted by hectari View Post

Pan Frying in a Cast Iron pan with herbs and seasoning is hands down the best! hands down, I only cook my steaks this way now, plus charcoal is really carcinogenic.

I do still like eating a grilled steak now and then, but only once and a while.

I mainly eat my steak cast iron cooked with fresh herbs in the pain it really absorbs the flavor.

Do you add a dollop of butter in the pan after for extra flavoring? I like to toss in fresh thyme from my garden.

Most of the time I just eat my steak in beef stew, I buy a good roast and cook it over night in a slow cooker with potatoes, carrots, etc and its so tender flavorful and juice with the stew mix I use.

Meat is not dangerous people! you have to know what type, stuff like sandwich meat, pepperoni and others with additives like nitrates and preservatives are the dangerous ones, if you slow cook steak and don't grill it on charcoal you can eat steak often and not get cancer. Its the carcinogens that go on the steak that cause it.

Heart disease is another issue though if you eat a lot of fatty steak often you would probably get clogged arteries
    Yeah, I think steak and lean pork chops get a really bad rap. Sure eating rib eyes and pork shoulder every few days will clog your arteries but there is nothing wrong with eating lean cuts weekly. I've been eating steak a few times a week for as long as I can remember and I have no cholesterol issues. People are really paranoid about food, it's pretty crazy.

Like you said processed food is the real killer.

Comment

Rib Eye.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        Filet mignon is so underrated because it's not a fatty cut so people assume it lacks in flavour. I'd say it is probably the best tasting steak.
        It really does lack in flavor, it has a very low fat content and it's the amazing tenderness and buttery texture that can make it "taste good". Its also the reason why most of time it is served with a sauce unlike a ribeye which doesnt need anything extra

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          It really does lack in flavor, it has a very low fat content and it's the amazing tenderness and buttery texture that can make it "taste good". Its also the reason why most of time it is served with a sauce unlike a ribeye which doesnt need anything extra
          Ya I love the texture and clean beefy taste it has. And on the other end I'm not a fan of rib eyes generally. not a fan of the texture and the fact you have to fight through all that fat.

Comment

Ya I love the texture and clean beefy taste it has. And on the other end I'm not a fan of rib eyes generally. not a fan of the texture and the fact you have to fight through all that fat.
            I love the Filet Mignon, its so tender, too bad they are so small.

It cooks fastest as well, it has the natural beef flavor and is one of the best steaks at absorbing seasoning, so whatever seasoning you cook it with you will taste it well on that steak, but very soft and tender which makes it soo freaking good.

Rib Eye has the most flavor of all the steaks but yes you are correct its a hassle to eat, you really have to cut around all the fat, the worst is when you get a rib eye with a large fat down the middle lol.

I laughed when some dude on youtube said cut off the fat when you buy a rib eye, haahh that defeats the purpose of that steak they leave a bit of fat on it for the flavor, if he wanted a lean cut he shouldn't have destroyed that nice rib eye and instead buy a lean cut of beef. He got so many thumbs downs it was funny.

But it has its own flavor, Rib eye is the only steak that you don't need to put any seasonings just your basic light salt and light pepper and both sides and the fat melting adds the flavor to it.

Its one of the steaks I rarely eat but when I do I enjoy it the most with all that fat in it, it makes it one of those steaks you shouldn't eat often.

Comment

Why fight thru it when you should just eat it. lol I eat almost all of a ribeye, fat included but i can see if the fat turns you off. To be honest i didnt like ribeyes until about a year ago because of the fat
              Last edited by Russian Crushin; 04-09-2016, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Jack Daniels flat iron steak from TGIF Fridays.

Comment

At a restaurant you always go with a ribeye.

At home I'll go with a t-bone or new York strip.

Comment

roast beef.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                      roast beef.

that b*tch is secreting life from her glans

Comment

Working...
                      X