No announcement yet.

**2013 NBA Playoffs Thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Tim Duncan is a goddamn legend, he really is. Top 5 all time.

Go figure that the Spurs play this way now, when people are hesitant to support them after going in full bore last year. That definitely applies to me.

It kind of sucks that the Spurs are wiping the Grizzlies out though, since games 2 and 3 were so good. Both Conference Finals have had some great games.
    Top 5? Wow! Who are your top 5 players of all time? Do you rank Duncan ahead of Kobe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
      Top 5? Wow! Who are your top 5 players of all time? Do you rank Duncan ahead of Kobe?
      duncan is boss

Comment

• been tellin yall bout them spurs

whos playoffs MVP???

Comment

not a top 5 I would rank him ahead of Kobe, Duncan been on beast mode since game 1 in his rookie season it took Kobe about 4 years to get to that level

Comment

I'm only 25 and I still feel old seeing clips of young Manu during the pre-game show last night. I can only imagine how old you ancient bastards who saw prime Magic feel.
            Hey!!! Some of us ain't that old...lol

If he wins his fifth NBA title, then yes...He should be in the top 10-15 all time anyway...

His impact on the league since his first season is why he should be in the discussion. Missed the playoffs once in his career and was named in the All-NBA and All-Defensive teams 14 times in 16 seasons, and is the only player in NBA history to receive All-NBA and All-Defensive honors in his first 13 seasons.

Crazy.

Comment

I'm saying top 5, and definitely ahead of Kobe. If the Spurs win this year, there's no debate.

Jordan
              Magic
              Kareem
              Bird

I think Duncan can go in right after that. 16 years putting up the same numbers, 4 rings, he almost always delivers in big spots, he has the memorable playoff games to point to, his all around game rivals anyone ever.

I'll take that over Russell dominating an 8 team league and Wilt's constant underachieving. Those are the two that usually rank in the top 5, and I'd put Duncan's longevity and dominance over either of them. He goes over Shaq because of the longevity as well. Goes over Hakeem because he has been the man on more championship teams.

Just my opinion, but I'll stick by it. If he wins a 5th ring this year, when he's still playing well and one of the reasons the Spurs are here, he deserves this kind of respect. He's not flashy, he doesn't always stand out, but you know that Tim Duncan is going to lead your team to great places.

Comment

I'm saying top 5, and definitely ahead of Kobe. If the Spurs win this year, there's no debate.

Jordan
                Magic
                Kareem
                Bird

I think Duncan can go in right after that. 16 years putting up the same numbers, 4 rings, he almost always delivers in big spots, he has the memorable playoff games to point to, his all around game rivals anyone ever.

I'll take that over Russell dominating an 8 team league and Wilt's constant underachieving. Those are the two that usually rank in the top 5, and I'd put Duncan's longevity and dominance over either of them. He goes over Shaq because of the longevity as well. Goes over Hakeem because he has been the man on more championship teams.

Just my opinion, but I'll stick by it. If he wins a 5th ring this year, when he's still playing well and one of the reasons the Spurs are here, he deserves this kind of respect. He's not flashy, he doesn't always stand out, but you know that Tim Duncan is going to lead your team to great places.
                good post............

Comment

Jordan
                  Magic
                  Kareem
                  Bird

Duncan is not better than hakeem. stop that nonsense right now.

If your reasoning is he was the man on more championship teams then russell would be greater than him. he wasnt even the "man" in their last title, it was tony parker.

Duncan is a great player no doubt but his success is due more to the fact that he played his entire career with basically a hall of fame coach, hall of fame front office and franchise, and always had hall of fame teammates.

If the spurs didnt purposely sit a healthy robinson and shamelessly tanked and duncan was instead selected by the sixers or the celtics he wouldnt be as great as he is today. he certainy wouldnt have the resume in terms of winning.

Duncan my have the better resume than hakeem and kobe but he certainly wasnt better than them as a singular individual player/talent.

not even close.
                  Last edited by The Tase; 05-26-2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    not a top 5 I would rank him ahead of Kobe, Duncan been on beast mode since game 1 in his rookie season it took Kobe about 4 years to get to that level
                    Kobe came into the league as a 17 year old rookie straight out of high school. Duncan played 4 years at Wake Forest. That's not a fair comparison. Kobe became an all star by his second year, if I'm not mistaken. Kobe has consistently been better than Tim. How many years has Kobe spent not being an elite player in the league? Tim has been really good this year, but he wasn't all that a couple of years prior to this. Kobe>>> Duncan its really not even close imo.
                    Last edited by $tate of Mind; 05-26-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Tim Duncan is great but I don't think there's anyway in hell that he's a top 5 player of all time. Players I would rank ahead of Duncan:
                      Jordan
                      Abdul Jabar
                      Magic
                      Bird
                      Chamberlin
                      Olajuwon
                      Kobe

Even ranking McHale or Robertson ahead of Duncan is reasonable imo. Where was Tim the last couple of years? He didn't do **** the last couple of seasons. Where was he when the Thunder spanked the Spurs in 4 straight last year?

Comment

Working...
                      X