No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler: Calzaghe Never Gave One, Froch Can Have His

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kessler: Calzaghe Never Gave One, Froch Can Have His

WBA "regular" super middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler (46-2, 35KOs) would love to give Carl Froch (30-2, 22KOs), the IBF's champion, a well deserved rematch in 2013. In 2010, Kessler won a twelve round decision over Froch in the Super Six tournament.

Kessler remembers how he lost his first fight as a pro to Joe Calzaghe in 2007 and he was never given the opportunity to avenge that defeat. He wants to give Froch the opportunity to avenge his.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tbh Mikkel you fought **** that night and didn't deserve a rematch and I hate Calslappy.

Comment

Dear Mikkel Kessler,

You have to actually earn a rematch. Crying like a ***** and making excuses after decisively dropping 8 rounds don't qualify you as a deserving rival.

Sincerely yours,

Chris T Byrd

Comment

Can't blame Calzaghe for not giving the rematch back then.

Comment

I would have loved to see Calzaghe rematch Kessler in Denmark, but Calzaghe wanted to play it safe as usual... Instead he gave a rematch to the great Mario Veit!!

Nice to see you are trying to make the fights happen Kessler!! Thx! Another war coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Tbh Mikkel you fought **** that night and didn't deserve a rematch and I hate Calslappy.
            Considering that he couldn't spar because of a broken hand and fought with the injury, I thought he did very well in an excellent fight.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
              Can't blame Calzaghe for not giving the rematch back then.
              you can always blame calzaghe for all the worlds problems.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                You ever think maybe thats why he wanted the rematch , he is the only one to know if he was on or off that night .

Comment

CALZAGHE played 12 round with a undeafeted KESSLER,KESSLER won a close fight with FROCH so the rematch is a right thing but the rematch with cALZAGHE and KESSLER wasn't necessary after their one sided fight.

Comment

tbh, if Kessler broke his hand going into the Calzaghe fight he shouldnt have got in the ring at all. So blame himself.

The reason why he lost, to me, was that he wasnt physically fit enough to last the distance on the night. He was gassing in round 6, if I recall right, despite outboxing Joe, and then got outworked badly. Again, Kessler can only blame himself for his sloppy conditioning.

Credit to him for giving Froch a rematch though, he didnt need to.

Comment

Working...
                    X