No announcement yet.

Why doesnt Cotto get criticized?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jiddu Dali View Post
    But Pac left 135 and jumped 12 lbs....Marquez isnt meeting Mayweather @ 147.....Why isnt Marquez getting criticized for making Mayweather cut weight down to 144 or 145? At least Pac went up to fight @ 147 (although it was DLH)....im just trying to understand the hate....
    Cutting to 144 or 145 shouldn't be too hard for Money, unless he gained alot of weight in retirement, which I don't think he did. He's always had great stamina and been in great shape. Also, you know as well as I do Floyd is held to a different standard, even if it's unfair. On September 19th, we'll know if it hurt either fighter to make this weight.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao 4 fights ago was a Super Featherweight, and Juan Manuel Marquez 3 fight ago was also a Super Featherweight. Miguel Cotto some would say is a "Natural Welterweight" more so than Mayweather (?)....

My Question is: Why doesnt Cotto get criticized for fighting a Super Featherweight? Why are people bashing Mayweather for fighting a guy the same size that Cotto is fighting? The fact is that Pac has only 1 more fight above Super Featherweight than Marquez. Also Miguel Cotto has fought 8 times above 140lbs (All WW's) & Mayweather has only fought 5 times above 140lbs.........Mayweather only had 3 fights @140lbs and Miguel Cotto had spent his entire career @140lbs before moving up to 147lbs.

I am not opposed to either fight. I love Mega Fights and I am a fan of all 4 fighters, but I see too much criticism towards Mayweather, when Miguel Cotto is doing the same thing....

The reality is both of these fights are catchweight fights........
      where you been???

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        Honestly, it's because Cotto sucks when compared to Mayweather. People would call for Mayweather to fight at 140 against Pac, but some people think Cotto will get killed at 145. It's really because Cotto is a sub par fighter when compared to Mayweather.
        he might not be as good as Floyd but was good enough to beat your boy and shut you up.

Comment

Honestly, it's because Cotto sucks when compared to Mayweather. People would call for Mayweather to fight at 140 against Pac, but some people think Cotto will get killed at 145. It's really because Cotto is a sub par fighter when compared to Mayweather.
          I agree with this post...double standards

Comment

Marquez Called out Mayweather.................
            Thats true but that would be Mayweather's problem.
            His line is usually "who eva call me out can get it"...while Cotto doesn't do that.

Comment

Obvioulsy Marquez being the Pound for Pound #2 fighter in world feels he can move up in weight to beat Mayweather. So why is Mayweather getting criticized for something Marquez and his team want to do?....They say they can make the weight and they are going to knock him out........
              Your asking the wrong Guy ..I think Floyd vs JMM is a good fight and im Not Knocking either one. Though I believe Floyd will win.
              If anyone else is knocking it that's on them.

Comment

Originally posted by gerardofpr View Post
                he might not be as good as Floyd but was good enough to beat your boy and shut you up.
                Who's my boy? If you are talking about Clottey then I was never a huge fan of the guy Also Cotto lost that fight, no way anyone can say he won without a doubt.

Comment

didnt floyd fight oscar at 154? floyd is also taller than cotto hes 5'9 i think. plus hes the selfproclaimed g.o.a.t. i personally think the mayweather marquez fight will be good so i wont complain. but in cottos defense hes been fighting boxers larger than him and the best in his division hes entitled to this one. floyd wont fight the best in their prime so hes open to more critics.

'

Comment

Exactly. I would have green k'd you but i already did last night. Good post and it's so true too.

Comment

Working...
                    X