No announcement yet.

any journeyman ironworkers here need a job? lots of work in alberta, canada

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any journeyman ironworkers here need a job? lots of work in alberta, canada

· Any United States Journeyman Ironworkers, Journeyman Welders or Journeyman Rodman who are interested in working through our Local please forward a resume to admin@ironworkers720.com. Do not contact the Local as we are just collecting names now and we will contact those interested in the next month.

local 720 ironworkers union...lots of work & we can't fill calls. $40.57\hour, pension, benefits, etc.

no ironworkers? if you are a tradesmen then i would search through canada or australia for work. both countries are dying for tradesmen. pipefitters, ironworkers, scaffolders, electricians, etc...

Comment

sounds like a calling for larry.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
        sounds like a calling for larry.
        there is money to be made in canada...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          there is money to be made in canada...
          Do you have to go to a trade school to become a journeyman? 40 dollars an hour is pretty f'n nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            Do you have to go to a trade school to become a journeyman? 40 dollars an hour is pretty f'n nice.
            yes you must complete an apprenticeship. different states & provinces have different programs

Comment

join an apprenticeship.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                join an apprenticeship.
                Not to sound like a pu$$y but I don't think I'd want to do that kind of physical labor for the rest of my life. I'm more of a desk kind of guy. That's very nice pay though.

Comment

Not to sound like a pu$$y but I don't think I'd want to do that kind of physical labor for the rest of my life. I'm more of a desk kind of guy. That's very nice pay though.
                  When I was younger, I had nice, cushy jobs. Then I thought it would be more rewarding to put in a hard day's work. I make twice as much now doing hard labor, but **** that...I'll take a pay cut to get out of back-breaking work.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                    When I was younger, I had nice, cushy jobs. Then I thought it would be more rewarding to put in a hard day's work. I make twice as much now doing hard labor, but **** that...I'll take a pay cut to get out of back-breaking work.
                    I've always been a guy that doesn't need a lot. Yeah, I like nice things but as a single guy I've made sure to keep my bills rather low, so I can save and do what I want. Some people want to be wealthy but that has never been a concern of mine. Making 60,000-80,000 a year has been enough to satisfy me.

Joe, how long do iron workers usually last? I can't imagine that many 60 year olds doing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X