No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Would Like To See Matthysse-Herrera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Im not giving him credit for another's guy work whatsoever. Just cause I said Matthysse took his soul it doesnt necessarily mean that he beat him. Perfect example of someone taking another guy's soul and still losing the fight, Chavez Jr. He ruined Martinez 100% in that 12th round.
    You called him his "father"

Despite the fact he beat him. Yes I know it doesn't mean Matthysse beat him, no one with a brain cell would suggest that.

How are you not giving him credit for other people's work?

You literally are crediting Matthysse for all of Danny's later poorer performances, which again, is beyond pathetic. How is that anything but crediting him for other people's work?

News flash buddy, it has nothing to do with Matthysse. Matthysse lost to Danny. If anyone's a father here it's Danny fathering Matthysse.

Don't credit Matthysse for other people being able to do things that he couldn't.

Danny has looked poor because he's simply not that good. But despite that fact Matthysse still wasn't good enough to beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      What kind of logic is that?

30% of people don't see the other guy losing then it's not a robbery.
      Common sense. If only 3 out of every 10 people think fighter A won, then fighter B was fcking robbed. Don't be silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        Common sense. If only 3 out of every 10 people think fighter A won, then fighter B was fcking robbed. Don't be silly.
        Common sense?

If 30% of people had the supposed "robber" winning then it obviously wasn't a robbery.

Comment

You called him his "father"

Despite the fact he beat him. Yes I know it doesn't mean Matthysse beat him, no one with a brain cell would suggest that.

How are you not giving him credit for other people's work?

You literally are crediting Matthysse for all of Danny's later poorer performances, which again, is beyond pathetic. How is that anything but crediting him for other people's work?

News flash buddy, it has nothing to do with Matthysse. Matthysse lost to Danny. If anyone's a father here it's Danny fathering Matthysse.

Don't credit Matthysse for other people being able to do things that he couldn't.

Danny has looked poor because he's simply not that good. But despite that fact Matthysse still wasn't good enough to beat him.
          I didnt exactly call him his father. I said they would be battling for said title.

A lot of people, not just myself, believe that Garcia hasnt been the same since the Matthysse fight. Matthysse lost that fight but he gave Garcia a beating like he's never taken before. Which once again leads me to my example. Chavez Jr lost vs Martinez and got beat for 11 rounds but all it took was 1 round to ruin Martinez. Swagf@gs dont like to admit it but we all know Matthysse took Garcia's it soul.

Comment

Common sense?

If 30% of people had the supposed "robber" winning then it obviously wasn't a robbery.
            If we're talking literally 7 compared to 3 that think a guy won, maybe. But when we're talking 70 out of 100 in the media or 700 out of a thousand among fans, then it starts to look like that 30% is in a pretty clear minority based on sample size. And we're probably talking around 75% or so, not 70%, though I can't find a collection to count. Plus the scorecards were ridiculous in Benavidez's favor, which suggests Herrera wasn't going to win unless he had a 12-0 shutout. When the guy who a large majority had winning loses a fight 9-3 and 8-4 twice, he was screwed.

Comment

Very competitive fight but I'd slightly favor Matty in this one.

Comment

I didnt exactly call him his father. I said they would be battling for said title.

A lot of people, not just myself, believe that Garcia hasnt been the same since the Matthysse fight. Matthysse lost that fight but he gave Garcia a beating like he's never taken before. Which once again leads me to my example. Chavez Jr lost vs Martinez and got beat for 11 rounds but all it took was 1 round to ruin Martinez. Swagf@gs dont like to admit it but we all know Matthysse took Garcia's it soul.
                How can Matthysse battle to be Danny's father when Danny son'd him? Matthysse could never battle for that title. Never.

Herrera could, I suppose. Hell, maybe even Peterson. But not Matthysse. Matthysse doesn't get credit for their work, sorry. He wasn't capable.

Danny is exactly the same. A decent, limited fighter. Still too good for Matthysse though.

Seriously man, you trying to talk about Matthysse, a guy Danny beat, being his father is just so embarrassing it's hard to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  If we're talking literally 7 compared to 3 that think a guy won, maybe. But when we're talking 70 out of 100 in the media or 700 out of a thousand among fans, then it starts to look like that 30% is in a pretty clear minority based on sample size. And we're probably talking around 75% or so, not 70%, though I can't find a collection to count. Plus the scorecards were ridiculous in Benavidez's favor, which suggests Herrera wasn't going to win unless he had a 12-0 shutout. When the guy who a large majority had winning loses a fight 9-3 and 8-4 twice, he was screwed.
                  The scorecards were too wide but it doesn't change the fact it was an either way fight.

Comment

I don't know about taking his soul but imo Garcia has deliberately been sticking to lighter punchers. I guess they decided deafness and pissing blood isn't all that much fun.

Comment

I am convinced Iron Dan hasn't watched the fight. Nobody scored that fight for Benevidez. Herrera got robbed in both fights. Even Danny's own fans in PR were dead silent throughout the boxing lesson Herrera was giving him.

Comment

Working...
                      X