Ali vs Wilt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
    Rahman is a technically skilled boxer.

His skills are generally really underrated.

He was WINNING against Holyfield when the fight was stopped from an UNFORTUNATE haematoma, a freak occurance.

He wasted LEnnox and Sanders and he basically put it to many of the other top boxers of the era too.

Liston by comparison was SLOW as a wet wig and HIGHLY uncoordinated!

On the contrary, it is an insult.. A STINKING INSULT for you to even compare Liston's skills to Rahman's, let alone promote Liston's as BETTER!

And I haven't even mentioned the size/strength/power yet!

At 240lbs, built like a Sherman tank and sporting one of the longest reaches in all of boxing (and not an inflated one like Liston's either, Rahman's was real), nothing like Rahman even existed, he would walk through Liston and his entire era like a lion entering an unarmed village.

Let's not forget, Liston's BEST WIN was PATTERSON!

This guy...

http://www.thetitlefight.com/wp-cont...dPatterson.jpg

Only 2 words can describe your posiiton here...

NUT BAG!
    There are several posts about this, so I'll respond to this one because it is the most absurd.

Rahman was NOT a technically skilled fighter. He was a big oaf with heavy hands. If you take away the million dollar punch he landed on Lewis, he was just another heavyweight contender.

Liston was faster and had much better boxing skills than Rahman. What is your source to doubt Liston's superior reach? Or maybe it doesn't fit into your size queen fantasies which make for simple formulas to rate fighters since you are too lazy to actually watch fights. If you saw these two fight it would be easy to recognize which one is more polished and coordinated.

Liston dominated the heavyweight division for years. Rahman was an in and outer who failed in most of his big fights. Sonny is better than Rahman all time or H2H.

And you know absolutely nothing about boxing Trollroy.

Comment

So hung up on size, they are. I guess they feel Butterbean is the best of all time with that logic.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        So hung up on size, they are. I guess they feel Butterbean is the best of all time with that logic.
        It apparently simplifies boxing propositions for those who use boxrec instead of the eyes God gave them. Really just a lazy and inaccurate way to analyze the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Tony Gallento was one of Louis top opponents and had him down ,he was no better than an average toughman level fighter at 5'9 230....Bean was 6'0 300 pounds and can really crack and had speed and a chin. No one is saying size is the end all but this is the facts...

Marshal was a natural 160 pounder...he fought half his fights under 175....he had a 25 % k.o record and was the same height as Hearns minus the skills and power.....am I supposded to believe this guy beat Liston but Rahamn couldn't? come'on now?

Rahman KNOCKED OUT Lennox Lewis!

You have scott calling Rahman a big oaf ,yet had much better balance /speed and accuracy than Liston,if that's not a joke comparison when they even had the same style I don't know what is!
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-24-2015, 02:51 PM.

Comment

210lb Sonny Liston was FAR slower than 240lb Rahman

Sonny Liston could not box a lick compared to Rahman

^^ You are the one claiming that a guy from 1950 who looked completely ridiculous could beat a guy from 2000 who was an absolute bull by comparison

So where is the performance of Sonny Liston that can refute any of the above statements?

It doesn't exist because it's BS!

More the point, I'm not just claiming Liston is slower than Rahman, I'm claiming that of the 100+ HW champs there have been since the 1880's, Sonny Liston is THE SLOWEST OF ALL TIME!

Hasim Rahman would not even be ALLOWED to fight Floyd PAtterson!

And nobody in their right mind would want to see that.

He's fought a decent selection of some of the best and toughest men to ever lace up the gloves and done alright.

MEanwhile Liston never ONCE fought a decent opponent!

And the closest thing to a decent opponent he DID face, an inexperienced and cruiser chinny featherfist runner Cassius Clay (an opponent Rahman ALSO wouldn't be allowed to fight)... He LOST!

Comment

LOL idgaf how tall Wilt was, he's not gonna land anything, and he sure as hell isn't gonna have any kind of head movement.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                Wilt was very strong and athletic...anyone who thinks a guy that size then under the wing of cus Damato is a write off is delusional considering guys like Folley at 6'0 200 pounds and years past their best were top guys then at around the year the match was being talked about. Not sure on beating Ali however cus would have easily made him a top 3 guy with enough time.

This is killed me lololol

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Tony Gallento was one of Louis top opponents and had him down ,he was no better than an average toughman level fighter at 5'9 230....Bean was 6'0 300 pounds and can really crack and had speed and a chin. No one is saying size is the end all but this is the facts...

Marshal was a natural 160 pounder...he fought half his fights under 175....he had a 25 % k.o record and was the same height as Hearns minus the skills and power.....am I supposded to believe this guy beat Liston but Rahamn couldn't? come'on now?

Rahman KNOCKED OUT Lennox Lewis!

You have scott calling Rahman a big oaf ,yet had much better balance /speed and accuracy than Liston,if that's not a joke comparison when they even had the same style I don't know what is!
                  Liston fought Marshall in only his 8th pro fight. And yes, that matters. He easily beat Marshall in two rematches.

We all know that Rahman KO'd a poorly conditioned Lewis. Just like Leon Spinks beat a badly faded Ali. It doesn't change the fact that they were two of the poorest heavyweight champions.

Liston had better speed and balance than Rahman, and in accuracy it's not even close. I really can't argue with people who won't budge from false perceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                    210lb Sonny Liston was FAR slower than 240lb Rahman

Sonny Liston could not box a lick compared to Rahman

^^ You are the one claiming that a guy from 1950 who looked completely ridiculous could beat a guy from 2000 who was an absolute bull by comparison

So where is the performance of Sonny Liston that can refute any of the above statements?

It doesn't exist because it's BS!

More the point, I'm not just claiming Liston is slower than Rahman, I'm claiming that of the 100+ HW champs there have been since the 1880's, Sonny Liston is THE SLOWEST OF ALL TIME!

Hasim Rahman would not even be ALLOWED to fight Floyd PAtterson!

And nobody in their right mind would want to see that.

He's fought a decent selection of some of the best and toughest men to ever lace up the gloves and done alright.

MEanwhile Liston never ONCE fought a decent opponent!

And the closest thing to a decent opponent he DID face, an inexperienced and cruiser chinny featherfist runner Cassius Clay (an opponent Rahman ALSO wouldn't be allowed to fight)... He LOST!
                    Liston's wins over Cleveland Williams trumps anything Rahman did in his entire second rate career, except for the Lewis miracle. Now hurry back to boxrec and apply your useless height/weight ratios that prove absolutely NOTHING.

Comment

Below here is a highlght reel from Sonny Liston...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsWH631teK0

Please notice several things...

- The slowness of the punches for a 200lb man
                      - The uncoordinated "pygama sleeves" style punching
                      - The complete lack of any defence as he slugs away
                      - The lack of any refined skills or setting up altogether
                      - The smallness/weakness of the opponents
                      - The bumminess of the opponents (and of Liston himself)
                      - The school grade level skipping prior to the highlights

And remember, this is a clip designed to make Liston LOOK GOOD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo86miTzvPc

Above I have posted a highlight of Hasim Rahman. I urge ALL viewers to watch and compare these 2, 3 min clips.

There is no question that Rahman is faster than Liston
                      There is no quesion that Rahman is far better skilled than Liston
                      There is no question that Rahman is far more defensively responsible than Liston
                      There is no question that Rahman has better reflexes and coordination than Liston
                      There is no question that Rahman fought larger+stronger opponents
                      There is no question that Rahman fought better quality opponents
                      There is no question that Rahman's training far exceeded Listons
                      There is no question that Liston is a bum compared to Rahman.

CONCLUSION:

Rahman eclipses Liston both on paper AND on video. And when these 2 lines of evidence combine, nut bag responses based on popularity or nostalgism are worthless.

You've been exposed clear as day..

Rahman=SuperListon

Fact!

Comment

Working...
                      X