Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Floyd extend his undefeated streak to 50 y/o?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Floyd extend his undefeated streak to 50 y/o?

60-0 / 50 years old!

Current Floyd while less explosive might be better Overall than the 2007 version who beat Hatton and De La hoya. He's become even more efficient, more defensive minded and never puts himself at risk. He's getting better with age not worse.

The substances he may, or may not be on definitely help, but Mentally the gap between him and the next best skilled is so wide it doesnt even matter. he makes professionals look like prospects.

What you think can he contend near age 50 like Hopkins and Foreman did?
    Age 50 & stay Undefeated (60-0)
    0.00%
    Age 40's stay Undefeated (55-0)
    21.43%
    Age 50 with a few honorable losses (55-6)
    7.14%
    Age 39 gets Tarvered next fight (49-1)
    0.00%
    Age 39 wins retires undefeated. (50-0)
    42.86%
    Age 38 Stay Retired (49-0)
    28.57%

Fighting Berto caliber style opponents....hell yeah!

Comment

I doubt be could make it to 40 years old.

If you think Floyd is better now than he was in 2007 then I don't know what to say.

He's boardering shot at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I doubt be could make it to 40 years old.

If you think Floyd is better now than he was in 2007 then I don't know what to say.

He's boardering shot at this point.
        Physically yeah, but if 2015 Floyd fought 2007 Hatton I doubt thatd have been a scrap at all. Current Floyd wouldnt win by ko, but he wouldnt have lost a single round like the younger one did.

Comment

He might have more experience but he's not better than he was in 2007. His ring IQ was still exceptional, back then, but it wasn't something he had to rely on because he could react to what was happening in the ring. Now, he's forced to fight at a slower pace, has to rely on setting up traps, has to tie up because he is missing too frequently and lacks the agility to slide out of the way.

Just look at some of the right hands he has been missing of late. His bravado in the ring gives a sense of dominance, but it was almost painful seeing shots that would have connected cleanly, several years ago, miss widely.

I feel that he could extend his record to 50-0 but he's reaching a point where the injuries will stack up. His fights with Maidana should make it clear that he is almost ripe for the picking.

Comment

He's reaching the end of his career now. What people don't see is how much he's slipped over the years. He'll go 50-0 and retire.

Comment

Say no to drugs.

Comment

I don't think he can fight on . Maybe 1 or 2 , have a look at the condition of his hands after his last 5-10 fights especially ....

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                  60-0 / 50 years old!

Current Floyd while less explosive might be better Overall than the 2007 version who beat Hatton and De La hoya. He's become even more efficient, more defensive minded and never puts himself at risk. He's getting better with age not worse.

The substances he may, or may not be on definitely help, but Mentally the gap between him and the next best skilled is so wide it doesnt even matter. he makes professionals look like prospects.

What you think can he contend near age 50 like Hopkins and Foreman did?
                  He is on PEDs . plain and simple.he has been exposed.his whole stable has

Comment

No.............

Comment

Working...
                    X