Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Matthew "Mack The Knife" Macklin vs Gennady "GGG" Golovkin Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
    Macklin's lost 2 out of his last 3 fights, On top of that he's only fought 1 round in the last 15 month's. This is another fight for GGG to look great in.
    that is like saying bradley beat Pacquiao. Macklin beat Sturm clearly but was robbed in germany. I think Golovkin tko's Macklin in 10 should be a very good scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      What he should do is pressure because that's his style.

The only fight he hasn't been a come forward pressure fighter is the Martinez fight when he thought it would be wise to completely change his style which is something he can't do for the biggest fight of his life.
      That's a rough choice. He's going right into the line of fire.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        That's a rough choice. He's going right into the line of fire.
        That's his style though. Matthew Macklin is not outboxing anyone, that's not his style and never has been.

The way he fought Sturm is how he fights and how he should approach all his fights. It's what he knows.

He will get killed fighting that way against Golovkin IMO but that's his best shot.

Comment

Buddy McGirt has a tall task game planning for GGG.

Comment

Oh man, this made my day lol.

Golovkin stops him in 5 or less in surprisingly scary fashion. Macklin is way too open and his chin won't handle GGG's power for long.

Comment

Originally posted by porknchili View Post

Golovkin stops him in 5 or less in surprisingly scary fashion. Macklin is way too open and his chin won't handle GGG's power for long.
              Plus, Macklin's chin isn't exactly great.

If Golovkin is the real deal, he shouldn't have much issues with Macklin.

Would be a huge statement if he destroys him like no one else has though.

Comment

the bobfather said this fight was happening after the show on hbo. but good fight. but my man ggg is taking this home by ko. mad tv is gonna prove same haters wrong

Comment

Great fight for both!

I'am always weary of saying one guy will easily KO the other because it seems like a trap fight.

Comment

Originally posted by porknchili View Post

It might not be 5 or less but at least 9 or 10 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                      Golovkin stops him. You ever seen a hot knife go through butter? That's this fight.
                      Except Macklin is the "knife" so I think you have something mixed up.

Macklin shocks the world and catches Golovkin with a punch he doesn't see and drops him. Time stops and gravity ceases to exist as minds around the world struggle to redefine reality.

Comment

Working...
                      X