No announcement yet.

Heavy Bags

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy Bags

So in my house is a 70 pound heavybag that I almost never use anymore. It just no longer feels heavy or dense enough. Feels like I might as well be shadow boxing. Any tips or wisdom on proper heavy bag weights? Just kinda curious.

Originally posted by luv4boxing84 View Post
    So in my house is a 70 pound heavybag that I almost never use anymore. It just no longer feels heavy or dense enough. Feels like I might as well be shadow boxing. Any tips or wisdom on proper heavy bag weights? Just kinda curious.
    Do what real men do and tie a mattress to a tree trunk.

But in all seriousness, do you know what the inside is made of? Sand or that cloth stuffing stuff? I would imagine if its sand, add more sand, and if its that cloth stuffing stuff, get garbage clothes and push it in. Weigh it first of course, don't want the weight all funky in certain places.

Comment

Its actually a hanging water filled bag. Prob half the problem. lol. I'm thinking of going to the local hardware store and getting some sand to replace the water.

Comment

Its actually a hanging water filled bag. Prob half the problem. lol. I'm thinking of going to the local hardware store and getting some sand to replace the water.
        That is a very, very very very, VERY VERY VERY VERY Very very good idea.

Comment

It is done. I made a mess but it only cost $6 and I have turned my 70 pound water bag into a 100 pound sand filled bag. Works much better

Comment

It is done. I made a mess but it only cost $6 and I have turned my 70 pound water bag into a 100 pound sand filled bag. Works much better
            nice! It'll do you alot more good that way bro

Comment

I'm not sure filling a water heavybag with sand was the best idea but i guess you'll find out.

Personally i bought a 180 pounds water heavybag around christmas and i love it, i thought that a water bag might not give as good a workout but on the contrary it's even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                I'm not sure filling a water heavybag with sand was the best idea but i guess you'll find out.

Personally i bought a 180 pounds water heavybag around christmas and i love it, i thought that a water bag might not give as good a workout but on the contrary it's even better.
                I agree the water filled bags are nicer. I just simply out grew this one. 180 would be nice. I went a few rounds on the bag today. The bottom foot and half of the bag may as well be a brick wall. Lol. Just have to build up a little tolerance to it.

Comment

lol in mexico almost all bags are filled with sand.

Comment

Water bags suck!

Comment

Working...
                    X