No announcement yet.

Was Willie Pep a running coward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    Yea and last time he fought for a title he was 28 and lost..you are comparing him to Floyd at 38...show me Floyd holding at 28
    Yeah but you just asked if he was a running coward so obviously you're comparing him to Floyd I assume....

Floyd was awesome at 130, I agree..he was actually enjoyable to watch and would entertain...not so much the last 4-5 years....

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Yea and last time he fought for a title he was 28 and lost..you are comparing him to Floyd at 38...show me Floyd holding at 28
      But using the forearm is fine at 38. He's older. So cheating is okay.

Comment

• If you take a highlight video, Mayweather looks like a prime Duran in comparison to Pep. Significantly more offensive, up until he was in his mid 30's.

Even Duran had become a pure counter puncher by that age, and rarely led.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          If you take a highlight video, Mayweather looks like a prime Duran in comparison to Pep. Significantly more offensive, up until he was in his mid 30's.

Floyd = modern day duran......

duran would've feasted on maidana without ref's help

Comment

If you take a highlight video, Mayweather looks like a prime Duran in comparison to Pep. Significantly more offensive, up until he was in his mid 30's.

Even here, lots of elbows and holding behind the head. Should have points taken away and he's fighting Augustus and Gatti and Judah. These guys were never much to begin with. Imagine Duran against these same guys. No elbows or holding behind the head. All business and he would have had them all out of there within the distance.

Comment

Maybe in 60 years that video will still exist and people will be saying "Mayweather was an all action fighter with devastating power" That's a good video though to highlight Floyd's offensive side.

I think it's stupid that people dismiss the fact or try to pretend that Floyd wasn't exciting as a youngster and was in many entertaining fights.

Yeah as an older fighter he's not exciting any more but from 96-2006 (up to probably the Baldomir fight) he put on many exciting offensive displays. That's 10 years hardly a short amount of time.

Comment

Working...
              X