No announcement yet.

Richard Schaefer Endorses Mayweather vs. Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    Floyd vs a poor man's Timothy Bradley. I hope it happens next year when Porter get one or two more solid wins on his resume against guys like Keith Thurman and Lamont Peterson.
    Don't think he's a poor mans Bradley, a lot of similarties but to be honest Porter is probably more talented, athletic and obviously punches much harder.

Porter also is better than just decent in some area's unlike Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Don't think he's a poor mans Bradley, a lot of similarties but to be honest Porter is probably more talented, athletic and obviously punches much harder.

Exactly. I don't see the comparison at all. Timothy Bradley is an athlete that adjusts to whatever style he's up against.

Porter has an identity as a fighter. He's a strong inside fighter that uses his foot speed to dart in and out, he gets good leverage on his shots and he's very explosive.

Bradley probably has better hand speed and counter punching ability and is probably the better overall boxer at this stage in their careers.

But I don't think they are similar at all.

Comment

Porter has more upside than Bradley I think will beat Thurman personally.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I think he has better punching technique than Bradley, but i haven't seen him fought against enough solid opponents to make a case of him being arguably more talented, athletic than Bradley. I wouldn't mind if Floyd fights him in September. Floyd has no time to waste and is running out of time.

Comment

If porter gets another good ww win, then yes, he's more than a viable opponent. I want to see him dismantle brook

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
              I think he has better punching technique than Bradley, but i haven't seen him fought against enough solid opponents to make a case of him being arguably more talented, athletic than Bradley. I wouldn't mind if Floyd fights him in September. Floyd has no time to waste and is running out of time.
              I'm not sure he does. Both get wild and neither have good technique.

He's clearly more athletic and talented from what I see. Not that Porter is overly athletic or talented because he's not.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                If porter gets another good ww win, then yes, he's more than a viable opponent. I want to see him dismantle brook
                And that is likely to happen in July.

I really have my doubts Brook even see's the 6th round.

This is a guy who got wobbled by Senchenko and went to hell and back against Carson Jones.

Brook's a very big WW with solid power so that's a question mark but I really don't see who he beats Porter unless he lands a huge punch but really Brook is not a monstrous puncher.

Comment

Porter vs Floyd would be huge come next May...

If I'm gbp I would make porter-brook over the summer, possibly on Canelo's PPv undercard.
                  Then have porter vs Thurman in the fall, maybe on Floyd's sept undercard.. Then maybe a real soft touch cherry pick in January, and then Floyd in May...

Porter keeps winning like he has with Devon and Pauli, there will be huge demand for him and Floyd next May...

Comment

I think they should put porter on Floyds undercard for September, as chief support, and try build it a little. Against Brook would be good

Not sure Porter quite has that excitement level around him yet that he would need to get Floyd big numbers.

I'd like to see the fight though. Porter could do with tightening up in a few areas (doesn't need to wing his punches quite so much inside) but he does some things which could give an older Floyd trouble. His jab is strong and thudding much like the Cotto jab which troubled Mayweather. He also closes the distance well and might not let Floyd bully him on the inside.

Comment

Too Soon...Maybe next May would be best. I would love to see Porter fight Kell Brook next!

Comment

Working...
                      X