Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legacy: Does Miguel Surpass Oscar and Tito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cotto's Stepson View Post
    In terms of BALLS, yes. Cotto turned 2 career ending beatings around and said "Fck you and fck the Diaz brothers!" Like a boss.

Comment

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
      I'm not so sure, Cotto looked like a bull tonight at Middleweight. Strong with no body fat. And lots of power. I wonder what those hard body punches would do to the lean long bodies of Oscar and Tito.
      Cotto wore this weight well. Solid legs and the body shots were hellacious. Better stamina too. Cotto mentioned how having to worry about weight, was a distraction in the past and this time around, he felt stronger than usual and was able to focus on fighting and not so much the weight etc.

Comment

No i dont think he surpasses them...

MW versions,, oscar gets beatdown by cotto, and tito would probably stop cotto late in a war..

But oscar and tito have alot of great wins between them, and i still rank them ahead of cotto..

Comment

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
          What a great victory for the Puerto Rican champion tonight. I didn't think he could do it. He looked amazing at 160.

Would Cotto have given hell to Tito and Oscar at any weight? (147 thru 160)?

Great display tonight by the new Middleweight Champ!
          He gives them both HELL, but In the end I think both Tito and Oscar win.

Comment

He's on par for me but I can't definitely say that he surpasses either

People are giving major props here to the likes of DLH in particular because he shared a ring with the best but they forget one very important factor - HE LOST!!!!!

Seriously every time DLH faced a genuine HOF'er he nearly always ended up on the losing side!!! Just because hes faced the best of his era doesn't make him the best of his era!! By that logic Glen Johnson is a modern great! Wake up people!!!

Comment

On Oscar, absolutely not!

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
                He's on par for me but I can't definitely say that he surpasses either

People are giving major props here to the likes of DLH in particular because he shared a ring with the best but they forget one very important factor - HE LOST!!!!!

Seriously every time DLH faced a genuine HOF'er he nearly always ended up on the losing side!!! Just because hes faced the best of his era doesn't make him the best of his era!! By that logic Glen Johnson is a modern great! Wake up people!!!
                You dont know what your talking about

wins
                leija
                ruelas
                genero
                pernell
                ike
                chavez twice
                vargas
                mayorga
                sturm

and even if the sturm was a robbery gift, then you have to give credit for the shane rematch and tito fight.. Oscar clearly won those but got robbed

His only legit losses were shane 1, sturm, hopkins, manny, floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  You dont know what your talking about

wins
                  leija
                  ruelas
                  genero
                  pernell
                  ike
                  chavez twice
                  vargas
                  mayorga
                  sturm

and even if the sturm was a robbery gift, then you have to give credit for the shane rematch and tito fight.. Oscar clearly won those but got robbed

His only legit losses were shane 1, sturm, hopkins, manny, floyd
                  My point exactly my friend - did you actually read your post back to yourself before posting it?

My point was that DLH gets an awful lot of credit for stepping into the ring with the best but surely we should be giving credit to those fighters who beat other top fighters.

His wins over leija, ruelas, pernell, ike, chavez, vargas and others are respectable and worth a lot of credit (no I don't count sturm as a win) but none of those fighters are first ballot hall of famers like mayweather, pacman, mosley or hopkins and nearly everytime DLH faced a HOF'er who was in his prime - he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
                    My point exactly my friend - did you actually read your post back to yourself before posting it?

My point was that DLH gets an awful lot of credit for stepping into the ring with the best but surely we should be giving credit to those fighters who beat other top fighters.

His wins over leija, ruelas, pernell, ike, chavez, vargas and others are respectable and worth a lot of credit (no I don't count sturm as a win) but none of those fighters are first ballot hall of famers like mayweather, pacman, mosley or hopkins and nearly everytime DLH faced a HOF'er who was in his prime - he lost.
                    I just think your being to critical of De la hoya... He won alot of big fights in his career, and their isnt a fighter alive that could go thru his resume and not have some blemishes...

He is the only guy to fight guys at their peak... floyd, manny, hopkins, shane, tito, ike were all at the peak of their powers...

And he clearly beat tito and shane rematch... so in my eyes, this whole thing of he never wins big fights is way overblown....

Comment

I think Cotto is allowed in the room with Tito, Benitez, Gomez, and Ortiz now. Say what you want to say about Martinez, Cotto was still the underdog and fighting at a weight he had no business being near.

Also something needs to be said for how he not only rebounded from the KO loss from Marg and Pac to win the 154 belt, but rebounded from being beaten by Floyd and Trout to win the 160 belt. That is the type of resilience we don't see much anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X