Running Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Injury

So I have been picking up running after a 5 months break from it
    (replaced running with other endurance exercise)

And I have been overdoing it the past 3 weeks.

Running too often and increased too much,too early.

I felt yesterday a very stinging pain in my right middle-end part of my right foot.

I looked it up and came to an easy judgement that I inflammated my foot sting.

So do you have the same experience?

How long did it take you to recover from it ?

And how would you suggest me to increase my running routine when everything is healed?

Maybe like Running the first month only 2 miles x 3 times a week ( such type of advice)

Haven't had that, but have had plenty of others. You'll likely need to adjust your form a bit to avoid repeat injury.
    For now, rest and ice.

Comment

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post
      So I have been picking up running after a 5 months break from it
      (replaced running with other endurance exercise)

And I have been overdoing it the past 3 weeks.

Running too often and increased too much,too early.

I felt yesterday a very stinging pain in my right middle-end part of my right foot.

I looked it up and came to an easy judgement that I inflammated my foot sting.

So do you have the same experience?

How long did it take you to recover from it ?

And how would you suggest me to increase my running routine when everything is healed?

Maybe like Running the first month only 2 miles x 3 times a week ( such type of advice)
      You have a mild case of plantars fasciitis. I have a really bad case myself right now after a slip off my bathroom sink barefoot onto a hard floor. I can barely walk. I've had plantars fasciitis before from running so I know what's going on. Let it heal properly because foot injuries are hard to heal and when they are bad you can't walk at all like me right now. Don't run until it's 100%. Search plantars fasciitis and look for a video on how to tape your foot. Rest/Ice/Compression/Elevation is the answer...and brutally deep and aggressive massage when the inflammation goes down. You might benefit from orthopedics...when it happened the 1st time I was lucky enough to have insurance to cover the cost...otherwise go with generics. If you keep running I can guarantee you will be sorry you did. Wait until you are 100%.

**EDIT**

Good video...

also this will hep you understand...

Last edited by jaded; 06-12-2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Don't cheap out on running sneakers. And remember to retire them when they wear down.

I never use to do this, now that I do, no more feet problem. I use to wear running sneakers and boxing shoes down to the bone.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          You have a mild case of plantars fasciitis. I have a really bad case myself right now after a slip off my bathroom sink barefoot onto a hard floor. I can barely walk. I've had plantars fasciitis before from running so I know what's going on. Let it heal properly because foot injuries are hard to heal and when they are bad you can't walk at all like me right now. Don't run until it's 100%. Search plantars fasciitis and look for a video on how to tape your foot. Rest/Ice/Compression/Elevation is the answer...and brutally deep and aggressive massage when the inflammation goes down. You might benefit from orthopedics...when it happened the 1st time I was lucky enough to have insurance to cover the cost...otherwise go with generics. If you keep running I can guarantee you will be sorry you did. Wait until you are 100%.

**EDIT**

Good video...

Thanks a lot bro

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            Don't cheap out on running sneakers. And remember to retire them when they wear down.

I never use to do this, now that I do, no more feet problem. I use to wear running sneakers and boxing shoes down to the bone.
            Yeah I was using my cheap ass china shoes.
            I will get new ones soon

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post

**EDIT**

Good video...

+1 for the rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE).

Also, go to a specialty running store if there's one around you and have them fit you. They should put you on a treadmill and watch you run to determine if you overpronate (ankle rolls in), oversupinate (ankle doesn't roll in enough), or are neutral.

I also recommend getting a foam roller (you can find them at specialty running stores or Amazon, among other places) and rolling your calves. If your calf muscles are really tight, they may be contributing to the issue by pulling too much on the plantar fascia.

Comment

Working...
              X