Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is a bigger star: Canelo Alvarez or Conor McGregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only seen two headlines with Connor's name in it, and both where when he was talking about Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Verga View Post
      Internationally & in the States.....Future UFC cash cow vs Future Boxing cash cow......discuss?
      Canelo Alvawho? Conor Mcwho?

I just know them as the guy who fought Floyd and the guy who wants to fight Floyd and has a funny voice.

Comment

Rousey is the face of UFC doe

Comment

Both are big stars but I'd say McGregor. There's many Hispanics in this country and a fair amount of casuals that know and like Canelo. The difference is McGregor has more personality. He talks a lot of trash and is an aggressive fighter. Some that love that trash talking aggressive style and some peoplehate his personality and hope he loses. It's like with Floyd, he is a business genius he understands marketing and how to make money. His style is boring to the average person so he had a bad attitude and casuals watched his fights to see him lose. If Floyd didn't have such a bad attitude he'd be Andre Ward. Playing the arrogant "bad" guy just sells better.

Comment

US wise, obviously McGregor right now. Canelo though will get there in a few years.

Comment

Canelo's been in there with Floyd which sorta grants you a level of popularity (in the States at least), but McGregor's literally just starting his career and is a pretty polarizing guy for being around for such a short time. Time will tell with him, but he got a lot of looks today during the AFC 1pm game promoting the UFC Ultimate Fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                McGregor and Rousey are bigger than Canelo and any other boxer not named Pacquiao or Mayweather that is not even close debatable.

While Boxing fans are at odds with each other, UFC is Taking Over! Casuals will buy more UFC and less Boxing
                Haha get real man. canelo just with Mexicans will outsell Conor by miles.

Besides Canelo isn't the next big thing in boxing.

It's Wilder and Joshua..

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  PBC can't save Boxing, I fear that Boxing is far too gone now. Boxing will just live off of its Core fans much like Hockey does but it is no question that the UFC is in a better place going into the future than Boxing is and will ever be. Dana White knows how to promote fighters and they know how to build STARS.

Jon Jones out, McGregor and Rousey steps up and become the face of his Brand then once he gets Jon Jones back the Brand becomes even more powerful with more star power!

Boxing it so out of touch it is hilarious, Boxing still don't take advantage of the internet like the should while you see UFC all on youtube they absolutely BLOW boxing away as far s views for their youtube content and also how they use Social Media.

Boxing been living off of Mayweather success and now that he is gone UFC smells blood and they will bury boxing with McGregor vs Aldo which I think will do better than Canelo vs Cotto and GGG vs Lemeiux
                  Haha stop smoking. Conor-Aldo will sell a little over 1mm

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                    i agree.

great post hectari.

how the hell can you not speak english and be right next to america and expect to crossover?

he needs to go do stephen corbert, fallon, kimmel, etc...

he cant do that being a ginger and not speak english.

you just cant.

Maybe he es not interested on the "crossover", financially he does not need it, I mean he is not Shakira.

Comment

who is a bigger star: Canelo Alvarez or Conor WHO?
                      !Canelo!

Comment

Working...
                      X