Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Jonathan banks taken wlad further than Manny stewart?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Jonathan banks taken wlad further than Manny stewart?

Firstly, manny made wlad what he is. He deserves alot of credit. But i feel he took wlad as far as he could offensively. Since banks has takn over wlad is using more body shots(lepai and pulev). His output has increased. Has banks improved wlad offensively?

Or d you feel its nothing to do with banks and more to do with the fact that wlad is more comfortable of knowing when to throw a shot and when not to??

what body shots? the ones he tapped in during clinches?

I do agree that Wlad has been more aggressive in his last two fights but it's not like this is the first time, he has been just as aggressive several times in the past with Manny as trainer, it all depends on the opponent.

Comment

I remember Manny screaming at Wlad to be more aggressive, let his hands go, finish guys who he had already dominated completely, and he was still reluctant. Dont think Banks has anything to do with it, Wlad just getting older, maybe more confident, his style is second nature at this point.

Comment

Pretty sure it's all down to level of opposition.

He knew he could go in there and do what he wanted, when he wanted against those bums.

The one time he fought a decent opponent (Povetkin) it was the usual safety first, clinch and hold Wlad.
        Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 11-18-2014, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
          Firstly, manny made wlad what he is. He deserves alot of credit. But i feel he took wlad as far as he could offensively. Since banks has takn over wlad is using more body shots(lepai and pulev). His output has increased. Has banks improved wlad offensively?

Or d you feel its nothing to do with banks and more to do with the fact that wlad is more comfortable of knowing when to throw a shot and when not to??
          Good subject, and I have hinted at this in other threads.

I think Banks has improved Vlad, for the reasons you mention. He looks more versatile in the Pulev fight, hopefully we will see more of the same in the next fight, which might be as early as March.

He is still clinching too much, though, even when he doesn't have to. Banks should definitely work with this too.

Comment

Working...
          X