Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not bad summary. I have heard and pondered the theory that mutable beats fixed, fixed beats cardinal and cardinal beats mutable. Not 100% sure why exactly and it doesn't work all the time because the skill levels of the fighters can differentiate wildly but my theory is that it's because fixed signs are like giant walls, or immovable objects, you cannot break them by smashing straight into them, you have to dance around them, find their weaknesses and and wittle them down. A cardinal is a straight arrow, smashing force. Cardinal tries to smash against the giant gleaming shield wall of the fixed and as a consequence the cardinal simply falls apart and breaks apart on the immovable wall of the fixed.
    The mutable however can negate the iron strength of the fixed with subtlety or perhaps outwitting it or with their resilient nature since I would imagine mutables are much more resilient than the others. For this you can see Margarito (mutable) vs. Cotto, Pacquiao (mutable) vs. Cotto, Clottey (mutable) vs. Cotto etc. (Many feel that Clottey won the fight).
    So now we have another mutable sign and the best mutable in the world on top of that (Mayweather) so I think if this theory proves true then Cotto simply has no chance.

And furthermore if the theory has any truth that means it will take a cardinal to beat Mayweather, although perhaps a fellow mutable (Pacquiao) will suffice.

Comment

• he did have issues with that defense what the hell were u watching?The reason clottey lost was because he wouldnt throw alot of punches but he hit pac almost everytime he threw a punch look a pacs face after the fight clottey looked like his wasnt even in a fight.
      That's the weakness of the shell.

Getting outworked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        ^This

People forget how dramatically the fight turned after Cottos eye got that nasty cut.

In my opinion, Cotto would have soundly won that fight had that accidental heabutt not opened up his eye. He couldnt see any right hands coming with all the blood in his eye.
        It's a miracle they didn't stop the fight do to that cut. Clearly the blood was bothering Cotto throughout the fight. The real statement here is that Clottely couldn't even beat Cotto with the huge advantage that he had.

Comment

• I like Cotto as a person But he's getting a whoopin tonight!!
          Cotto gets Stopped in 9 rounds due to a bloody Cotto! Cotto's punches come from his waist line,Floyd will Counter him all night The Straight right and Floyds Left hook will land all night!!!!

Comment

• The fight is pretty lame and irrelevant how much credit does he really deserve? I'm sorry Cotto beating 2 shot to pieces fighter going into the fight is not something to brag about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              The fight is pretty lame and irrelevant how much credit does he really deserve? I'm sorry Cotto beating 2 shot to pieces fighter going into the fight is not something to brag about.
              He doesn't deserve much credit at all I agree but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's irrelevant.

Considering his options, I'd say it's decent, solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                Say what you want, but the eyes dont lie. For somebody who has been in alot of 'big' fights and should be relaxed, he was jumping around/jittery quite a bit. He realizes he is getting in the ring with a beast, and ***** can go wrong quite quickly. He is smart enough to realize this, cant say the same for some of his stans however.
                are you serious???
                Floyd was pumped he looks like he's in great shape no long lay off he's right back at it!! did you see the stare down he had a smile on his face the whole time telling him 'you kno you fkn with the best'. a smile like that usually means "im going to kick your ass"

yup he's scared LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by BOXINGSNOTDEAD View Post
                  If its the accurate cooto from his last fight he will give floyd problems tonight
                  accurate vs margs that was a joke right.anybody cant hits margs

Comment

• very interesting. can you guys do one for the other big fight? Pacquiao vs Bradley?

Comment

• I think it's a shame that a serious candidate for greatest active fighter & pfp king fights only those he's supposed to beat. Martinez is ready willing & able to meet Floyd at 154. He'll be a newly crowned champ, (if all goes as planned). But sadly i fully expect Floyd-Canelo after Canelo beats a shot Mosley. Fans don't deserve this, but its what they'll get because they allow themselves to be bumraped by Floyd & his fights with a foregone conclusion.

Comment

Working...
                      X