Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Miguel Cotto ranked so high right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could just imagine the b**ch fits you transparent f**ks would be having if Juan Manuel Marquez was ranked Top 3 in three out of the four major organizations and Top 10 in all of them.

Like others already said though, Miguel Cotto has earned his stripes and he's the 3rd or 4th biggest cash cow in the sport, so I have no problem with him being ranked so high.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
      Think about it, try to come up with bigger names than Cotto aside from Pacquiao and Mayweather. He is one of the biggest PPV draws in the sport and has one of the best resumes to back him up. He deserves the recognition, he has earned it.
      Yes but PPV draws don't mean **** when you have to earn your ranking. Cotto hasn't had a brilliant run at 154. So by that basis you have to put the star aside and look at what he has done in the division.

Comment

Cotto's pedigree allows him to be ranked so high why cant some of you get it pro boxing is not all merit.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankJack View Post
          #3 Ring Magazine
          #3 WBC
          #2 WBA
          #6 IBF
          #2 WBO

I don't dislike Cotto, but I was noticing how he is ranked among different bodies but the only top 10 guy in his division that he has fought is Austin Trout and he lost that one.
          Because EL ANGEL knows how to work 'dem jizzaws.

Comment

I believe that Miguel has earned his a legacy, without a doubt. But, at the same time this is a sport where we often complain about corruption, competitors never getting the shots they deserve, paper champions, and so on and so forth. Is it not hypocritical for us as fans to complain about such things, but then turn around and be ok with something like this, just because the fighter is popular? If I remember correctly, his last win against a ranked opponent in that division was in 2010. Legacy is about "what have done", but rankings is about "what have you done lately". Can you imagine if sports in general worked exactly this same way (lol, admittedly, I only watch boxing)? What would playoffs and finals or superbowls look like? The most popular aren't alwayd the ones playing in those games regardless of how much fans like them, more often than not I assume they have to earn their way there each time. But, I could be wrong on that. Again, I only watch boxing. But, this looks wrong and unfair to me.

Comment

cotto and judah will always be ranked even long after they are dead.

Comment

On past achievements and reputation in the sport. Definitely not on performances at 154.

Comment

I have a lot of love for Cotto, great fighter in my opinion. But the truth is he hasn't done anything all that great in a while, maybe his time with Roach and his current comeback may tell a different story in time to come. But for now I agree with the guys that say it is kind of unfair that he is up there on recognition of who he is etc.

Like I said, lot of love for Cotto but he needs to fight sold fights and win them to be ranked high, not be ranked high based on who he is. Also lets not forget this is not directly his problem either, he doesn't decide the rankings, plus there will be a fair few fighters out there who are in the position they are in based on name value and recognition etc, he probably isn't the only one.

Comment

Because Cotto is a warrior and will fight anybody. He gave Floyd hell and is fighting a dangerous fight against Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankJack View Post
                      #3 Ring Magazine
                      #3 WBC
                      #2 WBA
                      #6 IBF
                      #2 WBO

I don't dislike Cotto, but I was noticing how he is ranked among different bodies but the only top 10 guy in his division that he has fought is Austin Trout and he lost that one.
                      I wonder the same thing about pac.

Comment

Working...
                      X