No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse defensive skills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Why do DSG fans trash their fighters best win so much? Its been all downhill ever since, you'd of thought they would praise Lucas and hope for him to go on and do big things.
    Matthysse gets hyped up wayyyyyy to much on here. Yes he's a good fighter but on nsb you would think he's the greatest fighter ever the way they talk about him.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Why do DSG fans trash their fighters best win so much? Its been all downhill ever since, you'd of thought they would praise Lucas and hope for him to go on and do big things.
      Seriously. I think theyre threatened that Matthysse' stock is higher than Gifts at the moment. Fight of the year destroys gift of the year and cherry pick of the century thus far.

Comment

LOL at Dan.... make a thread saying Matthysse got subtle defensive skills...GGG a bum doe

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          Larry, you know more boxing than to make a blanket statement like this. Matthysse defensive skills are better than Margos, period. Margo had a phenomenal chin, Matthysse chin is good its not on Margos level at all. If Lucas fought like Margo, Gift would have gotten a stoppage over him.
          I guess you were not paying much attention or perhaps your reading skills are not very good. In the thread I stayed that TS should next show us a video of Margarito's great defensive skills and Larry answered me showing Margarito's face saying that is Margarito's defense.

Comment

Seriously. I think theyre threatened that Matthysse' stock is higher than Gifts at the moment. Fight of the year destroys gift of the year and cherry pick of the century thus far.
            Too bad matthysse couldn't do it to garcia himself in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by VaBoriKua2012 View Post
              I guess you were not paying much attention or perhaps your reading skills are not very good. In the thread I stayed that TS should next show us a video of Margarito's great defensive skills and Larry answered me showing Margarito's face saying that is Margarito's defense.
              Well youre inference was that Matthysse defense is ad good as Margos. Margo has virtually no defense save his incredible chin and offensive volume punching. So when you relate and infer Matthysse defense to Margo's you are saying he has none. Are you 12 or did you ride the short bus?

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
                LOL at Dan.... make a thread saying Matthysse got subtle defensive skills...GGG a bum doe

Even when you give GGG some praise they still can't let it go. Lets not turn it into some GGG thread it gets tiresome having subjects and debates derailed all the time.
                I've gave him some praise for fighting Rubio, isn't that what you guys wanted?

Comment

Originally posted by VaBoriKua2012 View Post
                  Too bad matthysse couldn't do it to garcia himself in the ring.
                  Most definitely. A year ago Gift's stock was higher than anybodies in boxing. He beat the boogeyman by 2 points. Over 10 solid low blows with multiple warnings and 1 point deduction, pushing Luc down from the ropes to get his "kd" and capitalizing on the eye. Cant hate Gift though he tested the waters with the ref and knew what rules he could break. Thats what a fighter does to win. Now, a year later, we have learned that it is not hard to out box Danny as we learned from his papi Herrera. We then learned that he drilled to the bottomed of the dung heap 2 weight classes below him to pull out a Ricky Salazar to look good against. A year later we see Lucas in a fight of the year against under dog John Molina. So, fight of the year vs gift of the year and cherry pick of the century thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by From Russia View Post
                    I like the way Lucas adjusted in Molina fight, i would pick him against Garcia in a rematch
                    No, if anything he showed that Garcia beats him again. Matthysse squares up when he has you cornered against the ropes, he doesn't give you angles, Garcia's ability to catch and shot will fuck him up again.

Also, how is it even commendable to adjust against a fighter looking to land one shot?

Comment

Well youre inference was that Matthysse defense is ad good as Margos. Margo has virtually no defense save his incredible chin and offensive volume punching. So when you relate and infer Matthysse defense to Margo's you are saying he has none. Are you 12 or did you ride the short bus?
                      No i didn't. TS is acting like matthysse is a good defensive fighter. The man's defense is not all that good. He bobs and weaves and puts his hands up just like any average boxer. He does nothing special on defense and that was the point. You guys don't see that though because you have matthysses **** so far up your ****** asses. The man tried stepping up to garcia ( his biological father) and didn't look like no machine vs the champ

Comment

Working...
                      X