No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner really sounds like complete jerk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
    LOL, ok then this conversation is over brah.
    did you know about these comments before this thread? just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      but thats manny and floyd-the two biggest names in boxing. adrien broner isn't known enough to cause that reaction. is he?
      So it's OK? , got you, good argument
      Last edited by ElMeroChingon; 02-15-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
        Do you know what mainstream or what being a crossover star even means?

Selling 500k for a PPV does not make you a crossover star. Jesus Christ man.
        And both will go back to fighting on HBO Network after that fight so it did not cross them over at all because if it did then neither would ever return back to HBO Network and their next fight would be on HBO PPV

After Mayweather fought Oscar...he haven't fought on HBO Network since everything been on HBO PPV...Now that is when you have officially Crossed Over! Same thing with Pacquiao, all of his fights been PPV since crossing over

Comment

• Wow....**** this fool

Comment

• Broner is a fackin twat. I were still training Rees I'd tell 'im to bite Broner's fackin ears off..

Comment

• Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
              So it's OK? , got you, good argument
              i think its fair to say the impact of certain comments register more when its higher profile people making them. that in no way suggests or means its ok to say it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Mexicans aren't the only one's who watch and support boxing. I wonder how Ali became so great, or Leonard for that matter?

Teenage girls don't buy PPV's or attend fights in majority. Boxing fans do, grown men were fans of Oscar, and not just Latino's. Everyone liked him because he was personable, good looking and had a great story.

It all ties in. Leonard was the same way, so was Ali and so was Joe Lewis before him. It's not about race or gender, it's about the whole package and IMO Floyd has it but killed it with his ignorant antics.
                Nah ah, thats simply not true: How quick we forget......Anyone remember not that long ago when Floyd was a ****ty draw? If memory serves correct it was the Oscar fight that propelled Floyd's numbers and made him a draw. People were, at the time screaming about Floyd's comp, his hands being brittle (no risks in the ring to maintain his hands) etc.

So what changed for Floyd? Well....He really became villianized during the De La Hoya fight for one thing, he got a sounding board and made some noise for another and established himself as a **** talker.

The point here is that there is nothing to do with Floyd's personal package that made him a draw.....the De La Hoya fight made him a draw and suddenly his family was funny, he was a draw and people would pay to see his fights. end of story really

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                  Like I said on this forum plenty of times the last African American crossover star that didn't go the bad boy route was SRL. Since then we've seen Shane, Winky, Hopkins, Roy, SweetPea, Toney, Holyfield, etc They never got as big.

Now look at Mayweather and Mike Tyson. They crossed over.
                  Why is that?

I'm not arguing with you, I think it's an interesting point, but I don't really understand it. It certainly seems to be a cultural thing, you see lots of big name fighters from different cultural backgrounds who don't adopt that persona.

Is this the way black fighters need to be presented to white America? Brash, angry, sullen, dangerous? Does it all come back to stereotypes about young black men?

It's obviously a false representation of black men but nevertheless it seems to be a stereotype a lot of successful black fighters play up to. And let's not forget that they don't just draw their audiences from white America. Lots of black people seem to be cool with this representation of themselves as well, even if a huge number of them also seem to despise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Why is that?

I'm not arguing with you, I think it's an interesting point, but I don't really understand it. It certainly seems to be a cultural thing, you see lots of big name fighters from different cultural backgrounds who don't adopt that persona.

Is this the way black fighters need to be presented to white America? Brash, angry, sullen, dangerous? Does it all come back to stereotypes about young black men?

It's obviously a false representation of black men but nevertheless it seems to be a stereotype a lot of successful black fighters play up to. And let's not forget that they don't just draw their audiences from white America. Lots of black people seem to be cool with this representation of themselves as well, even if a huge number of them also seem to despise it.
                    I think its more economic than cultural and has been so all the way back to Jack Johnson. The money he generated was insane.

Comment

• Broner is a very good fighter and a classless jerk in my opinion. If he is trying the Mayweather tactic of making people dislike you so they will watch your fights, hoping for you to lose, then he is doing a good job. I don't think he will lose a fight anytime soon, but I would be happy if he did lose.

Comment

Working...
                      X