No announcement yet.

Andre Ward: "you're going to see the same Arthur Abraham"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    u make it seem like AA has skill on the inside. he doesnt. hes a medium range fighter, meaning he needs distance to throw those huge punches he ususally throws. on the inside, he still doesnt win this fight. his punches will get smothered. i dont see any way that he wins this fight.

but of course ppl will still cheer for him and his limited style and make up excuses as to why he loses to ward, because this is boxingscene.
    c'mon man, even if AA doesn't have inside skills, ward will still be there to be hit with heavy hands. i ain't saying that ward isn't gonna win, i'm just saying that it won't be as easy or effortless as how froch beat AA if ward fights his usual hug-n-hit fight. Also, but being close to AA, he's in danger of getting fouled by AA. we seen how AA acts when he gets frustrated. he'll start fouling and fighting dirty.

Comment

hate to say it since i've been a fan of aa for awhile, but he's in for a long night against ward. imo it'll be much worse for him than the froch and dirrell fights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Abraham will fight like a desperate man, he's lost his last two fights and is staring retirement in the face. It could be a Kessler type performance (v Froch) from Abraham and Ward could get the shock of his career from those heavy hands.
        Man I hope so. He needs to come out guns blazing. Someone needs to put an end to the Ward foul fest. I'm American btw.

Comment

abraham should've fought like a desperate man against froch and he stood there for half an hour. i don't see any reason to expect anything different this time around

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
            abraham should've fought like a desperate man against froch and he stood there for half an hour. i don't see any reason to expect anything different this time around
            Let's not think about the Froch fight. It's depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by AL YANKAB*TCH View Post
              Let's not think about the Froch fight. It's depressing.
              lol it's hard to forget. i had high expectations for aa in this tourny

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
                lol it's hard to forget. i had high expectations for aa in this tourny
                Yeah, me too. I was yelling curse words at my t.v. for 12 rounds during this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bob marley View Post
                  i see ward outboxing abraham,but if he gets flatfooted he'll be staring at the ceiling
                  Nah, Ward will do the exact same he did to Bika and fight on the inside, despite him being better served fighting on the outside.

I see Ward as an inside fighter that will be drawn into an inside fight if his opponent wants it there. Ward can box good from the outside, but he's shown that he isn't like Bradley, who will take the fight where he's better served, he'll fight it on the inside whether it's better or worse for him.

The fight will be better and more competitive because of it.

Comment

How many breaks you think AA will get? I've noticed that he somehow always gets long breaks after being hit with body shots even in detroit he somehow got extra time. Will he demand a pure blooded German doctor in his corner as well?

Comment

AA will fight exactly how he is used to fighting. He's not changing his style overnight, IMO.

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                      Nah, Ward will do the exact same he did to Bika and fight on the inside, despite him being better served fighting on the outside.

I see Ward as an inside fighter that will be drawn into an inside fight if his opponent wants it there. Ward can box good from the outside, but he's shown that he isn't like Bradley, who will take the fight where he's better served, he'll fight it on the inside whether it's better or worse for him.

The fight will be better and more competitive because of it.
                      That's the thing about Ward that frustrates me, man. He can just take a step or two back and pop combinations but for some reason he doesn't do that enough. He easily could've stopped Green this way since Green was DEAD that night.

Comment

Working...
                      X