Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alvarez neutralized speed, how will Lil'G even land on Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g27region View Post
    It's not about SPEED, it's all about Amir Khan GLASS JAW. And Amir Khan jaw isn't good enough to let him compete with Canelo. Speed got nothing to do with Khan losing the fight. His chin is the main reason why he lost, not Canelo neutralizing his speed

And that would be a good argument if Golovkin had china chin like Khan but Golovkin got a solid jaw, plus Canelo isn't that fast either

I'm not a fan of Golovkin, but I think that only boxers with Mayweatheresque kind of defense (like Ward) got a chance to outbox GGG and that's definitely not Saul.
    Angulo cam pressuring forward the whole time. What does Golovkin do coming forward? We've got side body shots as the boxer goes to the ropes. Does anybody actually think Alvarez has no footwork? I see Alvarez picking Lil'G on mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
      The difference I see is danny was the bigger fighter against Matthysse had the height and reach. Golovkin has the height and reach over Canelo.
      True, but I don't think that was a major reason for the win.

Comment

so now GGG is a MW version of ruslan? lol

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          True, but I don't think that was a major reason for the win.
          True Danny's underrated boxing skills is what won that fight.

Comment

So far there are 2 boxers that come to mind that use a cross with precision...

Jessive Vargas: Bradley and Ali
            Alvarez: Kirkland and Khan

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
              Angulo cam pressuring forward the whole time. What does Golovkin do coming forward? We've got side body shots as the boxer goes to the ropes. Does anybody actually think Alvarez has no footwork? I see Alvarez picking Lil'G on mistakes.
              So there's no flaws and mistakes in Canelo style that Golovkin can capitalize on? That works both ways. Canelo doesn't even have speed advantage over GGG, and I doubt he got advantage in power either. And there's no question Golovkin is better at applying pressure. I'm even surprised that it took 6 rounds for Canelo to break that glass jaw

It takes someone like Andre Ward to defeat Golovkin, someone who can neutralize his power and pressure with high level defense skills

Some people here really think that Golovkin is some kind of MW version of Provodnikov, that might be because he's another "euro robot". I don't like Golovkin too, not him personally but his weak ass resume, but if I don't like some boxer I'd better be overrating him than underestimating
              Last edited by g27region; 05-09-2016, 09:59 AM.

Comment

GGG is an easier match stylistically for Canelo. HE wont have to chase him and that where Canelo shines. GGG will be getting countered all night long. The only way i see GGG winning is if he hurts him to the body and slows canelos offense. As long as canelo can make GGG miss and make him pay its a UD for Canelo...

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                  So there's no flaws and mistakes in Canelo style that Golovkin can capitalize on? That works both ways. Canelo doesn't even have speed advantage over GGG, and I doubt he got advantage in power either. And there's no question Golovkin is better at applying pressure. I'm even surprised that it took 6 rounds for Canelo to break that glass jaw

Some people here really think that Golovkin is some kind of MW version of Provodnikov, that might be because he's another "euro robot". I don't like Golovkin too, not him personally but his weak ass resume, but if I don't like some boxer I'd better be overrating him than underestimating
                  Of course Alvarez has flaws. The kid's 25 too.. However, why do fans think Alvarez won't fight conservatively. I think Lil'G's achilles heel is going the distance. As Cleto Reyes just said, if Lil'G misses a lot I think, and I've been saying for soo long, he's going to gas out and Alvarez will capitalize on it. What sucks is that when Lil'G loses that 0 they will say that Alvarez should'Ve fought him right after Cotto... as if it would make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    I agree with you I struggle to see that aswell.

The battle of jabs will be a good one.

I just think Canelo's skills, timing and counterpunching is being underrated here, it honestly reminds me of Danny vs Lucas. Everyone's expecting Golovkin to walk through him and smash him, and underrating what Canelo is capable of much like they were with Danny.

4 completely different fighters I know, but I get the same feel.
                    That's actually a really good comparison, Dan. This does seem an awful lot like the Danny/Lucas build up.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                      What? You make no sense! When has GGG relied on his hand speed to beat any of his opponents? GGG relies on his power, combinations, and relentless attack.

Canelo's defense is OK but he can be hit without problems. Canelo has poor stamina, he can't handle GGG chasing him down for 12 rnds.
                      exactly. This dude keeps trashing GGG, let the two fight and see what happens. Both could win. This will be both fighters hardest opponents in some time. Canelo will counter , GGG will hunt and try to destroy.

Comment

Working...
                      X