No announcement yet.

Bag work critique

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bag work critique

Hey y'all, just wondering if y'all could give me some feed back on my boxing in this video. You can ignore the kicks and such (Unless you happen to be a kickboxer). I train at an MMA gym, and don't have any pure boxing instruction. So if I could get a little bit of feedback here that'd be amazing.

Thanks in advance! (If it's in the wrong forum I apologize)

edit: Apparently I can't post the video until after 15 posts...

Just put "/watch?V=BILCGYnONE0" after the Youtube url if you want to watch it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Gfreak045; 01-06-2014, 04:16 AM.

you're fortunate that the bag couldn't hit you back or things could have gotten messy.

Didn't watch, couldn't get it to work on you tube......... Rockin'

Comment

Throwing punches in an mma match is a completely different tecnique than in a Boxing match! Balance is the opposite from front to rear and ofcourse all punches go to the chin in mma! To different sports with different disiplines.
      Ray.

Comment

What is the bag weight ? Is it that you want to add boxing skills
        or that you predominantly want to switch to boxing ?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BILCGYnONE0

Comment

I believe the bag is 150lbs. And it's more adding boxing skills, if I competed again it would be either MMA or Kickboxing.

And could you explain what you mean about the balance between front and back being opposite in MMA and how all punches go to the chin? That doesn't make sense to me.

And thanks way2strong for linking!

Comment

250 views and no ones wants to give a critique or tips?

Comment

Boxing fans (here) don't like MMA stuff so you get ignored...other than that I'd say you are boring. Perhaps make shorter rounds and more aggressive? And then rest a bit etc...

Looks like a good warm up but do try to F#CK the bag!

And btw try FKing it with wraps only...so you feel your knuckles penetrating the bag...I used to have gloves now I think those are BS!

Comment

Hi, are you doing muay tai, mma or kickboxing? or boxing?

from a purely boxing perspective i have a few tips your welcome to disagree/agree with. Firstly the jab is a bit telegraphed,everytime you throw it your elbow comes up first and its quiet pronounced. and with the left hook the footwork is wrong, infact it is all wrong. its thrown from too far out, its too looped, chin is too exposed, and it looks like your digging it into the side of the bag. dont worry about the left hook too much its meant to be the hardest punch to master but speaking to your trainer and he should show you how to throw it harder and better. mainly the weight transfer from right

apart from that keep your hands up more and always protect your chin!

but thats a purely boxing perspective if your training in a mma gym, its likely you may be being taught 'striking' rather than boxing

Comment

on the for left hook in boxing, you right foot should be pivoted slightly off the ground, as you throw the punch twist your hips and snap your right footdown and transfer the weight onto your left toe, you should end the punch with your right foot flat and your left heel up.

Comment

Working...
                    X