No announcement yet.

I just rewatched the original Conan the Barbarian

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just rewatched the original Conan the Barbarian

It was actually quite well done, with marvellous special effects for the time. The only reason I can think that it was remade was to add worthless 3D effects. I mean it wasn't like someone watched the original and said "Wow, what an amazing story, we must use modern special effects to do it justice!"

Basically the storyline is that a gay bodybuilder sets off with his beard and a small moustachioed twink on a quest to defeat the joke heavy metal band Spinal Tap.

At least it was racially diverse within the community. Black tranny and big black gay too.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      It was actually quite well done, with marvellous special effects for the time. The only reason I can think that it was remade was to add worthless 3D effects. I mean it wasn't like someone watched the original and said "Wow, what an amazing story, we must use modern special effects to do it justice!"

Basically the storyline is that a gay bodybuilder sets off with his beard and a small moustachioed twink on a quest to defeat the joke heavy metal band Spinal Tap.
      lol! that was one of the most graffic & violent movies of its time...1979 it was made i think...there was not another movie with that much gore until movies like private ryan...it was almost 3 hours of violence...that movie will never get old...

Comment

conan from 1984 was sick. where conan goes after the snake cult and gets crucified. then his thief buddy saves him.. then his wife comes back from the dead to fight by his side. at the end he cuts thulsa dooms head off and throws it down the stairs and returns the princess to the king

i just watched it too. EPIC movie, 10/10.. thinking about watching it? DO IT. just download the torrent on piratebay.org and play in vlc player

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          At least it was racially diverse within the community. Black tranny and big black gay too.
          Unfortunately those demographics aren't catered to as much, even these days.

Comment

Before there is any confusion, absolutely loved the movie.

Blaze apparently you havent heard of "to wong fu" or whatever or any generic prison movie ever made!

Comment

Most of those movies sucked though, not really memorable representations.

Original Conan was a great movie though. Just rewatched it myself a few months ago.

Grace Jones was one ugly broad btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post

So you're identifying yourself with the black tranny or black gay?

Comment

Originally posted by SkyKng View Post
                  conan from 1984 was sick. where conan goes after the snake cult and gets crucified. then his thief buddy saves him.. then his wife comes back from the dead to fight by his side. at the end he cuts thulsa dooms head off and throws it down the stairs and returns the princess to the king

i just watched it too. EPIC movie, 10/10.. thinking about watching it? DO IT. just download the torrent on piratebay.org and play in vlc player
                  Yeah that`s the original: Conan the Barbarian, it was from 1982. The one from 84 was Conan the Destroyer, that`s the one with Grace Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by GOAT86 View Post
                    So you're identifying yourself with the black tranny or black gay?
                    Keep reachin goat

Comment

Working...
                    X