No announcement yet.

Calzaghe vs Maywheather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe vs Maywheather

while calzaghe continues to go back and forth on whether or not this his last fight the question I have to ask is considering he and maywheather both stay retired and remain undefeated yet leave with a huge feeling that they were leaving unfinished business and possibly running from an opponent or two. who leaves the bigger legacy and who leaves the most on the table? ten years from now will either be in your top 50 fighters and who would either be ranked in your top ten?
    Maywheathers career far superior
    65.63%
    Calzaghe career far superior
    6.25%
    Maywheather slightly better
    15.63%
    Calzaghes slightly better
    12.50%
    Both careers equal
    0.00%
    dont respect either cause the were both running
    0.00%

Mayweather leaves more behind than Joe. He was the P4P #1 on both record and ability IMO.

Comment

Mayweather has accomplised alot more but needs to fight a legit 147 pounder.

Comment

i feel maywheather leaves more opportunity and ability behind. he was probably ducking more people but even with all that he still achieved way more in a shorter career than calzaghe. calzaghe didn't fight a lot of top level opponents until recently. but if he beat jones and pavlik convincingly and then beat hopkins convincingly in a rematch it would be real hard for me to say whose career was better but I would have to feel calzaghe finished way stronger and left no stone unturned but that probably won't happen

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 5minutes View Post
          i feel maywheather leaves more opportunity and ability behind. he was probably ducking more people but even with all that he still achieved way more in a shorter career than calzaghe. calzaghe didn't fight a lot of top level opponents until recently. but if he beat jones and pavlik convincingly and then beat hopkins convincingly in a rematch it would be real hard for me to say whose career was better but I would have to feel calzaghe finished way stronger and left no stone unturned but that probably won't happen
          Calzaghe may be 45-0 but 35 of those wins were bums. Now calzaghe is looking to enhance is record with big pay days against old fighters with big names.

Comment

Originally posted by PrettyBoyFloyd7 View Post
            Calzaghe may be 45-0 but 35 of those wins were bums. Now calzaghe is looking to enhance is record with big pay days against old fighters with big names.
            true maywheather has faught far fewer bums

Comment

Calzaghes slightly better 3 votes. I would like to know HOW

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 5minutes View Post
                while calzaghe continues to go back and forth on whether or not this his last fight the question I have to ask is considering he and maywheather both stay retired and remain undefeated yet leave with a huge feeling that they were leaving unfinished business and possibly running from an opponent or two. who leaves the bigger legacy and who leaves the most on the table? ten years from now will either be in your top 50 fighters and who would either be ranked in your top ten?
                pbf is a 5 division belt holder. let's see calzaghe do that then we'll talk.

Comment

to be fare its a lot harder for a person to win 5 division titles if you start at supermiddlewieght. how many title defenses has mayweather had over his career and all the real champions he's faced his career is definatley superior in shorter time.

Comment

Mayweather is the better fighter and has the better resume, but he does need to fight a better opponent at 147. At 130 and 135 though he was a monster

Comment

Working...
                    X