Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fao squeelpiggy... do you beleive in ghosts? why or why not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And no, there is no such thing as ghosts. . . However, if you make yourself believe that something is there that really isn't, more than likely you can make yourself believe you are "experiencing" ghosts. . . the brain has an incredible ability to "see what it wants" and an idiot has an even more incredible ability to BELIEVE what the brain sees. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
      Your whole paragraph, the way you structured all your sentences just makes you come off like a total dick who at best has a highschool education but wants to sound smarter than he really is... kinda like the guy in this video
      at 1:14, not Ben Affleck, but the one whose the giant dick, thats you.
      Wow the Bringer you got murked son lol

Comment

Oh yeah, I really got there.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Entity (En-ti-ty)
          noun, plural : en******

1.) A thing with distinct and independent existence.

2.) Existence, being.

I think you need to brush up on your definitions a bit. There are plenty of scientific reasons why people believe they see ghosts, apparitions, or "en******" when infact they either see nothing at all, or they're simply misremembering the event. Mental reconstruction of past events is often flawed, and skewed due to X number of years of unconscious thought, revision, and reconstruction taking place since the event.

That said, it's almost scientifically impossible to debunk the whole ghost thing in the eyes of a believer, as I said earlier. But just because someone claims something doesn't not a truth make : I could easily claim I leapt to the moon and back once, how would you go about debunking that if I truly believed it?

As for the physical "evidence", I already covered some very basic reasons as to why "weird" things are caught on both film and video a while back.

And with that, I seriously am done with this thread now.

@ Enayze

I could only hope to achieve such an epic level of douchebaggery/smarminess as Scott William Winters did in the scene you posted from "Good Will Hunting". Epic film, amazing in every conceivable aspect the film medium provides.

Touché

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            They wear shirts woven from superstrings.
            I don't think TS is ready for the TOE yet. Just tell him to go play with yarn.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
              [/B]

Touché

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't one of my favorite films ever made.

Comment

Working...
              X