Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia VS Lucas Matthysse: Who You Got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be a great fight IMO, a potential FOTY candidate.

I've gone against Garcia before but he's found a way to win and you can only be impressed by that. Finding a way to win at any cost is impressive in itself but I'm not impressed with his skills.

I think KO'ing Khan has hyped him up a bit too much. Khan's chin was always questionable, even before Prescott, and he was never hard to find. Garcia's timing, along with Khans stupidity, won him that fight. Garcia still throws too wide IMO and it won't trouble Matthysse like some are prediciting.

I like Matthysse more and more. Each fight I see, the guy impresses me. The two L's to Devon & Zab have probably woken him up and the guy just doesn't seem to stop now. His boxing skills are under-rated and his power is unbeliveable. He is probably the hardest hitting boxer right now and how Olusegon lasted as long as he did, I'll never know. He'll target the body and the head and I'm not sure if Danny can cope with it.

I'll go with Matthysse via stoppage but it would not surprise me at all if Garcia found a way to win.

But if this fight was made, I'd defintiely be backing Lucas via stoppage.

The dude is the truth.

Comment

Conventional wisdom would be to pick Lucas, but I think Garcia is just as tough, nearly as strong and has enough technical skill to counter Lucas and also apply pressure when needed.

I'd pick on Swift to win this in a bloody war

Comment

Matthysse crushes him. I genuinely do not feel it would even be competitive. People may say the same about Lucas but I feel people are way too high on Garcia & I think his power is overrated as hell.

Lucas inside 5-6 max. Leaning more towards 3-4 & I really do not for one second believe he is as good as Olusegun which is probably why hes wanted nothing to do with him despite Olusegun being in line for his title.

Comment

i like danny his boxing skills are under-rated the holt fight really impressed me

BUT he cant go to war with lucas IMO

i can see danny by a sloppy UD

or lucas mid tko/ko cause they went to war

Comment

HUGE FAN OF BOTH! But I feel the disrespect of Danny Garcia is PATHETIC, people just don't WANT to believe that this dude is good (and many resent the guy just because he is with Al Haymon)...well I will Boldly take Garcia in this fight since I know not many will and that is not to take anything away or that I have anything against Lucas Mattysse, that dude is a BEAST and he is currently my favorite fighter at 140 even over Garcia at the the movement...BUT with Body Punchers one thing they do is leave themselves open for Hooks and Uppercuts...Danny Garcia has excellent Upper Cuts and Hooks, those are basically his signature Punches and he throws those damn things with A LOT OF POWER, I think Danny TIMING along with his Power could Back Lucas Mattysse off of him when he needs Space and while Lucas Defense is VERY UNDERRATED he can be hit because he really doesn't move his head nor does he move around all that much defensively, he depends on his STRONG GUARD and a lot of times he eat punches to get inside and land with his Power

I think Garcia with this timing he could very well catch Mattysse with something big probably much easier then catching Khan who doesn't have a good Chin of course but he was much faster then Mattysse

Regardless I look forward to this fight (of course Danny has to beat Morales first and he SHOULD) but I think it is much more of a 50/50 because Danny has just as much Power maybe more One Punch Power then Mattysse
            Last edited by sicko; 09-14-2012, 01:46 PM.

Comment

lucas wins..danny throws the same combinations and hopes it lands

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                lucas wins..danny throws the same combinations and hopes it lands
                i wouldnt be suprised if danny won this one but i cant see him winning a war with lucas

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  Let me stop ya there bro..Soto was not the best opponent,let's be honest..Who had Soto beat??What had Soto done at 140lb to be named such a good opponent??What had Soto done in the last 2yrs to even be called a really good opponent??Don't even get me started on Olusegun..He beat two tough guys that is nice..But they were not top fighters,neither of um was...When Lucas has fought top fighters he has lost..That's the truth..Not this fan boy crap ya talking about...I like Lucas,but a lot of people are talking as if the man is already the class of the div...I truly don't think he is...

He has a lot more proven to do imo...
                  i can respect what your saying but he beat zab judah and beat devon alexander!!! imagine what would of happened if the alexander fight was over 12 instead of this bull**** 10 round crap!! lucas should still be undefeated!!! soto should never of been at 140 he his too small thats why i gambled alot of money on lucas to win by stoppage no one wants to fight lucas he his high risk low reward i hope danny garcia decides to fight him but the way he says lucas is just a brawler etc etc shows me that he wants no part of him

part from amir khan who has garcia fought morales twice lol who else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jab2theballs View Post
                    This. I think Garcia will want to slug it out to show that even though he has Puelto Lican blood he has balls and it will end up costing him.
                    Racist much?

Comment

Luscious Lucas stops him late in a great war IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X