No announcement yet.

Too old?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
    True, everybody's different. If I hadn't listened to my pops, who knows? Maybe I could have been a contender, maybe he was right. I don't like getting hit though. Makes me mad. I think he was right. I was too old to start @ 17.
    yes everybody is different that is 100% true

Comment

True, everybody's different. If I hadn't listened to my pops, who knows? Maybe I could have been a contender, maybe he was right. I don't like getting hit though. Makes me mad. I think he was right. I was too old to start @ 17.
      So you think it is impossible to be better than someone who started boxing at the age of 10? Even though they train like 5-8 hours the week and you train 17 hours ?

Comment

Originally posted by RicoNL View Post
        So you think it is impossible to be better than someone who started boxing at the age of 10? Even though they train like 5-8 hours the week and you train 17 hours ?
        Nothing's impossible, man. Can you effectively train for 3 hours a day, 6 days a week?

Comment

Nothing's impossible, man. Can you effectively train for 3 hours a day, 6 days a week?
          Yes, I don't get any problems with my body because I have been bodybuilding for 5 years. I was weighting 80kg and i'm 5'9 with 7% bodyfat, Now i'm weiging 71 kilo and still need to drop 2 kilo's for boxing. I think my body can train that much without getting ****ed up.

Comment

The age of 22 should never be in the same sentence as too old

Comment

So you want to fight @ SWW. Sounds like you shed some of that muscle, which is good, if you maintain most of your power. You don't want to be too muscle-bound as a boxer.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about what others think or probability if you think you can. If you believe in your own talent and dedication than f#ck what anyone else says.

That said clearly the stats are against a person coming into the sport in there 20's and getting very far.

Again f#ck probability doe. I mean **** the odds were against guys like Floyd, Manny and Oscar reaching the heights they reached even doe they started at an early age, but that obviously didn't stop them.

Comment

So you want to fight @ SWW. Sounds like you shed some of that muscle, which is good, if you maintain most of your power. You don't want to be too muscle-bound as a boxer.
                  I think he wants to come in at 152 which is welterweight for amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
                    I think he wants to come in at 152 which is welterweight for amateurs.
                    Yes exactly, i'm 5'9 so I think that's the perfect weight class for a boxer my height

Comment

Originally posted by RicoNL View Post
                      Yes exactly, i'm 5'9 so I think that's the perfect weight class for a boxer my height
                      Yes I would say it is. You'll probably face a few guys that are skinny and tall (5'11-6'0 at most) because they haven't filled out yet but on average you will fight guys your size.

Comment

Working...
                      X