No announcement yet.

Morales, Barrera, Marquez, Rank Them..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FERNZ View Post
    Both Barrera and Marquez have beaten great fighters but Marquez is a better fighter than Barrera is ***ggot....Marquez is a bad mother****a....and I scored Marquez-Pacquiao II 115-112 for Marquez....this is all my opinion
    really?

i saw a past prime barrera , drop juanmaricon in his prime.

what did you use to come to the conclusion marquez is better?

because he beat a 50 yr. old casamayor and juan diaz?

Comment

JMM...200 spots down: MAB & EM.

I am biased though, I don't like Morales or Barrera, at all. Love Marquez though. I am not impressed with brawlers, I don't think very highly of them. [ I don't care how much Barrera changed from a brawler to a "skillful" boxer, I Don't like any brawler].

I don't care who people are supposed to like, or who's an ATG or who's not. JMM is a better technical boxer than Morales and Barrera, therefore I like Marquez more because technicians/defensive boxing is the kind of boxing I respect and look up to. Not street fighting. My favorite street fighter is between Ryu and Guile.

Comment

even tho im a huge Morales and JMM fan and hate MAB, deep inside, i know MAB was the best........he is just a perfect balance of fighter...sure he had problems against lanky fighters(Jones-Morales) and people with good handspeed(Jones-Pac)...but that was more of a styles makes fights thing...relistically, his fight with Marquez tells us MAB in his prime probably wouldve gotten enough points boxing outside early to survive a late surge by Marquez...and against Morales, whenever Barrera got too close to Erik, he got the better of him, because of his tighter punches......i think Barrera wins at least 6 of 10 vs Erik, it hurts to admit...Barrera was ths smallest of the bunch too, IMO...so that also says a lot about his skill...

Comment

I dont get why people think Marquez is the most skilled. Morales outdid him at his own game against Pacquiao, and an old Barrera arguably beat Marquez when they fought...the only thing that killed Barrera in that fight was that he started running out of steam and gave away the final rounds.
          Also Marquez has nice combos and everything, but his defense is pretty bad at times. and Barrera and Morales arent exactly **** at combination punching themselves.

I always laugh when I rewatch Morales-Barrera 1. As far back as then the commentary were asking 'How much does Barrera have left?'. insane, and that wasnt even half way into his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
            I dont get why people think Marquez is the most skilled. Morales outdid him at his own game against Pacquiao, and an old Barrera arguably beat Marquez when they fought...the only thing that killed Barrera in that fight was that he started running out of steam and gave away the final rounds.
            Also Marquez has nice combos and everything, but his defense is pretty bad at times. and Barrera and Morales arent exactly **** at combination punching themselves.

I always laugh when I rewatch Morales-Barrera 1. As far back as then the commentary were asking 'How much does Barrera have left?'. insane, and that wasnt even half way into his career.
            Exactly.

The skill barrier isn't even that wide.

Comment

legacy i go with mab,em,jmm
              skills i go with jmm,mab,em

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post

This i agree with....people give Marquez way to much credit for defense...he eats jabs VERY easily......a reason why he struggles with good long jabs...his stance is very square......which is why he struggles a lot with movement too....his best defense is his counter punching......people are scared off by his incredible ability to land a hard power punch when you throw at him and get hesitant.....

Comment

I'm sorry. Did I read somewhere n here that Marquez ducked morales?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    i saw a past prime barrera , drop juanmaricon in his prime.
                    marquez couldn't even beat a shot, fat MAB without GBP's crooked refs, judges.

not even gonna get into chris john, or fat juan diaz.

Comment

Barrera, Erik, JMM. It could change though.

Comment

Working...
                      X