No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: We Can't Force Cotto or Canelo To Face GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    Maybe Andy Lee. As long as he faces a top 5 opponent, I'm fine with that. If he goes the Wardish route and fights a tune up then that's messed up.
    First he needs to beat some elite fighters before he can go the Wardish route.

But yeah, seems like it'll be a Lee type then more tuneups.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      First he needs to beat some elite fighters before he can go the Wardish route.

But yeah, seems like it'll be a Lee type then more tuneups.
      Don't act like Ward has gone through a murder's roll of boxers. He has like 2 good wins or so and they came long time ago.

Lee is a champion so I don't see anything wrong with it. Wouldn't call it a great win but it's progress.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
        Cotto and Canelo won't be hard to read when they face the Golovkin question. They can either say they'll do it some time, or they're not ready yet.

Ward, on the other hand, is an enigma. Fans don't know what he wants.
        The situation is quite clear now.....

Team Golovkin called his bluff, and Ward ran for the hills.

No, wait.....

Comment

Don't act like Ward has gone through a murder's roll of boxers. He has like 2 good wins or so and they came long time ago.

Lee is a champion so I don't see anything wrong with it. Wouldn't call it a great win but it's progress.
          It really isn't.

Lee would be an OK opponent, but he is no worldbeater.

We still wont know if Golovkin can beat an elite opponent.

Comment

Canelo would be more likely to fight GGG, Cotto goes nowhere near him

Comment

That's two better than anything GGG has done. Kinda killing your own argument.

Comment

True, and that comment annoys me a little.....

" Ward only has 2 good wins "

I believe that Dawson was likely compromised, but he is still better than any of Golovkins wins. So are Abraham and Bika.

Comment

Still don't think either will fight him regardless of what the WBC says but we shall see. I get it neither are Officially Middleweights yet but hey if you're fighting for a Middleweight Strap then you're a Middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    It really isn't.

Lee would be an OK opponent, but he is no worldbeater.

We still wont know if Golovkin can beat an elite opponent.
                    Hopefully one day we can find out with GGG.

Lee isn't elite, I understand that but he's still ranked #2 at 160, that isn't bad at all. Lemieux is ranked #4.

GGG has been beating some top 10 ranked opponents lately. Not too bad.

You're right with the two better. Like I stated on my comment above, GGG is beating/facing some top 5/10 opponents. You have to give him credit for at least trying.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Still don't think either will fight him regardless of what the WBC says but we shall see. I get it neither are Officially Middleweights yet but hey if you're fighting for a Middleweight Strap then you're a Middleweight
                      It is more correct to say that, if you are fighting middleweights then you are a middleweight..... than it is to say, if you are fighting for a middleweight strap then you are a middleweight.

And look what happens when I change that to SMW, and then mention Froch/Chavez.

If you are fighting super-middleweights (like Froch/Chavez), then you are a super-middleweight (like Ward).

You say little 153lb Cotto is fair game because he holds a MW strap..... well, I wont argue with that..... but I say that if you are prepared to fight super-middleweights, then you are fair game for a super-middleweight.

I cant see the difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X