Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Maidana weight drained? or did he respect Morales too much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Maidana weight drained? or did he respect Morales too much?

Last nights performance, was clearly one of Maidanas worst in a long time. All time great, Morales, showed heart and surprised many people with how he was able to hang with Maidana. Very few believed Morales could last beyond 8 rounds.

But, there is no doubt, Maidanas poor performance was the main reason for this outcome. He looked tired, slow, and far less willing to throw power shots. His work rate was astoundingly low compared to his fights against Khan and Victor Ortiz. Against Khan and Ortiz, he stalked his opponents relentlessly. Although, he was unable to land anything significant on Khan for the first 9 rounds. But last night, Maidana looked very poor indeed, and strangely he worked the jab far more than his power shots.

My first thought was, this may be a reaction to people asking Maidana, if he fears for Morales' health. And asking him if its a fair fight. Possibly Maidana wanted to make it a somewhat close show, rather than a blow out Morales, and be criticized for it. But I think something else was at play, since Maidana looked somehow bigger than usual, its possible be was weight drained.

If this is the case, he may have to move to welter-weight, which would be very interesting to see. In anycase, I do not think Maidana will endure as a champion. What I saw last night was a dramtically bad performance. The man has no boxing ability, he's just bully. And bullies always get exposed, just like Kirkland.

I agree that Maidana was poor last night, but don't mention him and kirkland in the same sentance, Maidana has had a much better career than kirkland and hasn't been knocked down 3 times by someone with only 6 tkos.

Comment

Originally posted by SpitBalla View Post
      Last nights performance, was clearly one of Maidanas worst in a long time. All time great, Morales, showed heart and surprised many people with how he was able to hang with Maidana. Very few believed Morales could last beyond 8 rounds.

But, there is no doubt, Maidanas poor performance was the main reason for this outcome. He looked tired, slow, and far less willing to throw power shots. His work rate was astoundingly low compared to his fights against Khan and Victor Ortiz. Against Khan and Ortiz, he stalked his opponents relentlessly. Although, he was unable to land anything significant on Khan for the first 9 rounds. But last night, Maidana looked very poor indeed, and strangely he worked the jab far more than his power shots.

My first thought was, this may be a reaction to people asking Maidana, if he fears for Morales' health. And asking him if its a fair fight. Possibly Maidana wanted to make it a somewhat close show, rather than a blow out Morales, and be criticized for it. But I think something else was at play, since Maidana looked somehow bigger than usual, its possible be was weight drained.

If this is the case, he may have to move to welter-weight, which would be very interesting to see. In anycase, I do not think Maidana will endure as a champion. What I saw last night was a dramtically bad performance. The man has no boxing ability, he's just bully. And bullies always get exposed, just like Kirkland.
      How was his performance poor? I thought he fought good against the Veteran fighter. I made a thread a few days ago saying that Morales could out box marcos if it came down to it. I thought Marcos fought a good fight. He forced the action, battered morales and gave it everything he had....Morales is no slouch...Stop listening to commentators...its seems they form peoples opinion..

Comment

He fought as usually, just Morales didn't run from him and showed bravery. Maidana didn't know how to take out this tough Mexican.

Comment

Maidana broke him down... It was obvious in the final 2 rounds. He doesn't respect anyone during a fight. His balls are too big.

Comment

Marcos was getting Countered, ala Marquez Vs Pacquiao which made him hesitant. He wasn't used to fighting some one with so much technique and craft

Prime Morales Blows Old boy out of the water Faster

Comment

like i've said a million times about that clown Maidana, he's a D level boxer, who just relies on bombs....

he got exposed big time, u can really see what a shell of a fighter Morales is to what he used to be, and he still whooped that fool in his prime....

Comment

Morales was just really clever and experienced -- a far more skillful boxer than Khan, actually -- which will always give a guy like Maidana trouble.

Maidana didn't disappoint me last night, he was his usual boorish self and he did deserve his decision in the end.

Comment

Maybe he didn't train hard enough? He definitely wasn't taking this fight seriously.

I don't think anyone was. I honestly wouldn't have been suprised if Maidanna took him out in the first round.

Morales showed EVERYONE why he is an ATG, regardless to how Maidanna came to the fight.

Last night we all witnessed first hand greatness.

Comment

No Maidana is just a piece of ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X