Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the worst Lineal Heavyweight Champion of all-time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't about lineal, thought that title was vacated when Lewis retired but Fury is still WBA/IBF champ so he can't be worst. If he gets knocked out in his next fight, maybe. But if he makes a successful defense, he doesn't belong as the worst.

Comment

The Last Lineal Champion per division

HVW: Fury 2015
      200: Tomasz Adamek 2009
      175: Stevenson 2015
      168: Andre Ward 2015
      160: Canelo 2015
      154: Floyd 2015
      147: Floyd 2015
      140: Garcia 2015
      135: Crawford 2015
      130: Pacquaio 2008
      126: Pacquaio 2005
      122: Rigo 2015
      118: Piñango 1987
      115: Darchinyan 2011
      112: Gonzalez 2015

So at 118 boxing has not had a real champion since 87, Damn

126 got 10 years without a real champion

Comment

No poll options for Hasim Rahman or Leon Spinks?

Comment

Whoever voted Fury either lost money sat. night or never seen Carnera actually fight or looked at his record,maybe just cant distinguish what skill actually is?...smh....take your pick.He hasn't even lost yet,his lower teir guys are better than Carneras best ones..
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 12-01-2015, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I honestly do not know much about Primo, though judging from the reactions in this thread I probably wouldn't care to know.

Fury has gotta be a better lineal champ than Briggs (and some of these other dudes too). Briggs robbed a ridiculously faded George Foreman for his belt whereas Fury ended a reign of dominance that lasted over a decade.

Originally posted by titanium View Post
            Only the Ring recognizes Fury as Lineal. Because they did Wlad in spite of the fact he never unified and refused to. The Ring just gave it to Wlad because he was the best heavyweight at the time. Not because he beat the man who beat the man...

Dam Fury got haters quickly. He beats a guy that many posters spent months arguing should be the #1 P4P fighter and these haters won't even acknowledge him as the lineal champ of the division.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
              Only the Ring recognizes Fury as Lineal. Because they did Wlad in spite of the fact he never unified and refused to. The Ring just gave it to Wlad because he was the best heavyweight at the time. Not because he beat the man who beat the man...
              Everywhere that matters recognises Fury as lineal. In fact, I don't know a place that doesn't

Wad-Povetkin removed any doubt

Comment

Jess Willard was worse than Carnera imo. In terms of skill i think Willard is the worst

Hasim Rahman obviously was not Championship calibur.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinC View Post
                  I don't about lineal, thought that title was vacated when Lewis retired but Fury is still WBA/IBF champ so he can't be worst. If he gets knocked out in his next fight, maybe. But if he makes a successful defense, he doesn't belong as the worst.
                  It was retired, but it was re-established by Wlad when he beat either Chagaev, Haye, Povetkin, Ibragimov etc.

Most give Wlad a pass on not fighting his no.2 as that was Vitali, but even if you dont Povetkin fight was after Vit retired.

Wlad established a new lineage at some point

Comment

I'd have to go Wlad Klitschko. I watched a fight recently where he was defending his title and just stood there doing nothing like a dumb shit.

Comment

Carnera, Rahman and Briggs in my opinion.

Johanssen could be up there as a guy who was champ but not a great fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X