No announcement yet.

Kessler hurt Froch with the same counter in both fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler hurt Froch with the same counter in both fights

In both cases Kessler landed a right hand counter immediately after a Froch threw a 1-2. Froch still makes the same mistake of telegraphing his right hand and bringing his back foot forward as he throws it, which leaves him in a squared position and vulnerable to counters as we all saw. The momentum of his body even makes the counter more powerful. He might have improved tactically but not technically.

Fight 1

Fight 2

Kessler's counter is a bit slower in the rematch, his timing is still sharp, he can still see openings but his reaction time has slightly decreased.

It's a good job he has one of the best chins in the sport.

And that counter shot looks just as sharp in both clips from what I can see.

Comment

Kessler's hands looked extremely fast this past weekend. He fought a great fight and looked in tremendous condition. He just lost to the superior fighter.

Comment

Froch should have won the first fight as well, as he hurt Kessler more times Froch said.

Froch probably thinks he beat Ward as he hurt Ward more. Ward woke up with more aches and pains.

Comment

Kessler was and is garbage with a very padded record and Froch is very sloppy and telegraphs his shots. Fight sucked rounds 1-7 but did pick up in spurts from last 15 sec of round 7 on. I see nothing in froch that says elite but to each his own

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            Kessler was and is garbage with a very padded record and Froch is very sloppy and telegraphs his shots. Fight sucked rounds 1-7 but did pick up in spurts from last 15 sec of round 7 on. I see nothing in froch that says elite but to each his own
            I guess that's the difference between watching him on TV and having to get in the ring with him.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
              Kessler's hands looked extremely fast this past weekend. He fought a great fight and looked in tremendous condition. He just lost to the superior fighter.
              Sorry man but Froch is not a superior fighter than Kessler. Kessler literally lost that fight because he just couldn't fight the full 3 minutes. Nothing against Froch he goes for the win but Kessler is a better fight, every time he turned it up he landed with ease

Comment

Yeah I thought Froch was going to hit me with some of those right hands that were flying through thin air

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  I was shocked how fast Kessler was when he threw a great combo in like the 11th i think

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    So you saying when they was boxing for the most part you did not like it but once they started turning it into a street fight is when you started to enjoy the fight.

Well said, I enjoyed both the early rounds aswell but I can see how a casual fan will tend to enjoy the brawl more.

Comment

Working...
                    X