Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arthur Abraham - a look at his career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all seriousness though, Abraham's peak takes me back to when 160-168 was so exciting. I mean even Pantera Miranda was knocking people tf out... Contenders were everywhere and it felt like just about everything (except maybe a Calzaghe fight) was a pick em kinda deal. I hope those divisions come back strong

Comment

I Didnt read to OP but Arthur Gave us tons of great fights and always entertaining and no one can question his heart and he grabbed a legit title enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
        In all seriousness though, Abraham's peak takes me back to when 160-168 was so exciting. I mean even Pantera Miranda was knocking people tf out... Contenders were everywhere and it felt like just about everything (except maybe a Calzaghe fight) was a pick em kinda deal. I hope those divisions come back strong
        One can rate him highly or lowly, but no one can deny that he had a historical career with a lot of excitiment. It was good times. And he is bringing them back by facing Gilberto Ramirez in what, IMO, is the best reason to watch the Pacquiao-Bradley III event.

Comment

Originally posted by !WAR KOVALEV! View Post
          I Didnt read to OP but Arthur Gave us tons of great fights and always entertaining and no one can question his heart and he grabbed a legit title enough said.
          You should read it, if you want a detailed look at his accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
            I don't understand that comparision?
            not style wise just willingness to come fight tough hard fights. Against fighters in there physical prime. I don't like joe so that's really why I said it aha.

Comment

Abraham was never the guy at MW, with fights against Taylor (at 160) and Pavlik, never happening. That's sad but he has had a terrific career. A two weight title holder with a good resume and solid power, not to mention some serious balls.

Certified, second tier HOFer.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Abraham was never the guy at MW, with fights against Taylor (at 160) and Pavlik, never happening. That's sad but he has had a terrific career. A two weight title holder with a good resume and solid power, not to mention some serious balls.

He was certainly the guy at MW, but your point of view is otherwise acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
                  Arthur Abraham did what everyone now expects Golovkin to do. To face strong opponents and move up in weight.
                  He moved up cause he struggled to make 160 for a long time. Which strong opponents did he face at 160? His MW comp was worse than Gggs, and he regularly looked like **** at that level

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

I think Abraham would've beaten Taylor at any point honestly. Well not before Hopkins but defiantly after.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                      not style wise just willingness to come fight tough hard fights. Against fighters in there physical prime. I don't like joe so that's really why I said it aha.
                      Calzaghe did fight Kessler and Lacy, two dangerous prime fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X